Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Desperately need reassurance.. live-in boyfriend was s* on Tuesday morning

I posted here a few days ago. My live in boyfriend was sick on Tuesday morning at 4:30 AM. He v*ed and had d* and stomach cramps and sweating until around 11 AM. Then he ate normally and he was ok. When I got home from work at Tuesday at 5 PM I bleached the bathroom. And since then, I've been bleaching randomly and washing my hands frequently. It is now Friday night and I've been having nausea and panic attacks since Tuesday. I even had a bout of diarrhea at 1:30 AM Thursday morning. I haven't really eaten or slept much. I'm terrified that I'm going to catch it. I read a few places that you can catch it up to 2 weeks after the symptoms are gone! It's been well over 72 hours so I really am praying that I'm in the clear. I am literally making myself ill. Pressure in my mouth, throat and jaw and my jaw is clenched since I woke up this morning. I feel like I am holding down v* all day. Not sure if this is real, or just anxiety. I need some honest advice.

Default Re: Desperately need reassurance.. live-in boyfriend was s* on Tuesday morning

You did all you could. You cleaned, washed your hands, used bleach, etc. I really think you will be okay by now, honestly. But just know you did all you could do. Worrying yourself sick isnt any better than being sick, so stop it. There's nothing else you can do so just try to relax and take it one day at a time!
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”

“We are the girls with anxiety disorders, filled appointment books, five-year plans. We take ourselves very, very seriously. We are the peacemakers, the do-gooders, the givers, the savers. We are on time, overly prepared, well read, and witty, intellectually curious, always moving. We pride ourselves on getting as little sleep as possible and thrive on self-deprivation. We drink coffee, a lot of it. We are on birth control, Prozac, and multivitamins. We are relentless, judgmental with ourselves, and forgiving to others. We never want to be as passive-aggressive as our mothers, never want to marry men as uninspired as our fathers. We are the daughters of the feminists who said, “You can be anything,” and we heard, “You have to be everything.”