Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Wink I did it, I live a normal life again :)

I'm not that good in english, but I'm sure you'll understand everything I want to say. If you don't understand something, ask and I will try ty explain it again.
    So, I had this phobia for 7 years now. Nobody knows that. I couldn't tell anyone, not becouse I was shy, but becouse I knew that even if I tell someone, that person wont understand my problem and wont take me serious.
    I started to think about my whole life. I was sure that only person that can help me IS ME. I am the only one that can control MY life an MY brain.
    If i could have live with this, i can live WITHOUT too. I was finding cure by myself, I believed that I am the smartest person for helping myself and there is no one that knows me better than I do. And I found the best way to overcome this phobia.
    I started putting myself in situations I didn't wanted to be. Yes. I was travelling with bus for 12 hours. I've got drunk. I smoked weed and got high as fuck. I was helping my best friend when she was sick. I was helping my dog when it was poisoned. I started to look at world with other eyes. I started living even I was scared. I've got a new bestfriend. She was dealing with bolumia for one year and I told her my story too. When my brother was sick I stayed at home. I've told him too. And even he didn't understand me well, he told me things I rembered after few months. He told me that in teen years your opinions, your braing, EVERYTHING changes. And thats the reason. He told me that he is sure that I will overcome it in a few years when I start understanding things normaly again. He was right.
    The best thing is that I'm eating normaly again. I don't evet think about eating. I eat what I want and what I like, how much I want. I started gainig weiht again that much so I want to loose some weight again I can't even remember my last panic attack.
    I JUST WANTED TO SUPORRT YOU AND TELL YOU THAT YOU CAN DO IT TOO. DON'T GIVE UP. NEVER. AND STOP TRYING TO FIND SOMONE WHO CAN HELP YOU IF YOU HAVEN'T EVEN TRIED HARD ENOUGH TO HELP YOU BY YOURSELF.

Default Re: I did it, I live a normal life again :)

This was so nice to read ! I am happy for your success with overcoming the anxiety of emetophobia. You are absolutely correct, we are the only ones in control of our brains and lives. Sure, we can get assistance with our problems and anxiety a but at the end of the day we take the lead and make the changes . Thank you for sharing and I hope you only continue to get stronger ! All of the best

This is awesome and I'm so happy for you! Facing our fears is so important to be able to overcome it. So many want to hide from the thing they are afraid of but that just reinforces the fear and makes it stronger! I'm sure you can confirm - all of the hard work you put into overcoming this was worth the final outcome which is to live normally and happily! great job!!

Amazing story, fear is strong, but our choices are stronger!!

This is so sweet!!! I like the reminder that it's us who can save or destroy ourselves...but it is very hard.
    I too, am trying to just eat what I want but it still scares me...today I wanted a big big burger with my friends but I had soup instead which didn't fill me up....haha!!
    I hope you can help others with this stupid thing and keep the positivity!!!!!