Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: So worried!!

Default So worried!!

So lastnight my sister and I went to a hockey game, she started feeling nauseous and she told me that my nephew was vomiting Saturday morning and right when she told me that I started worrying. I tried to forgot about it. Today we had thanksgiving dinner and about an hour after that she started feeling nauseous and she ended up throwing up. Guess they have the sv. Now I'm so worried about it and I keep thinking because I'm worried so much I'll end up getting it.. I really don't wanna get it, I hate throwing up, I'm trying not to worry about it. What can I do to stop worrying about it? I keep washing and sanitizing my hands. I took gravol and I have ginger ale in case I need it. Ugh I hope I don't get it. The same thing happened last year around this time. My nephew got sick then my sister then me.. Wasn't fun! I'm so worried, heeelp!

Default Re: So worried!!

Do you live with your sister and nephew?

If not, I really don't think you have anything to worry about. Even if you do, just stay clear of the bathroom they are/were using and wash your hands. I think you'll be ok! Last year, my husband and both my kids all had a sv* and I avoided it. I even cleaned up v* on my bathroom floor and had to wash v* covered sheets.

Yeahh tbh I think anxiety wise you're screwed but sv wise I think you're fine!! You won't get it although you said you got it last year....so be more cautious with your sanitizing but you seem to know what to do.

Worst comes to worst, you're not dying, just eat mints to ease the feeling

Quote Originally Posted by Leslie735 View Post
    Do you live with your sister and nephew?

If not, I really don't think you have anything to worry about. Even if you do, just stay clear of the bathroom they are/were using and wash your hands. I think you'll be ok! Last year, my husband and both my kids all had a sv* and I avoided it. I even cleaned up v* on my bathroom floor and had to wash v* covered sheets.
    No, I don't live with them but they were here yesterday and the day before. I've been in my room all day trying to avoid everyone in case they have it. I was hungry but I didn't wanna eat but I finally did now I feel a bit nauseous.

Quote Originally Posted by thecheesecake17 View Post
    Yeahh tbh I think anxiety wise you're screwed but sv wise I think you're fine!! You won't get it although you said you got it last year....so be more cautious with your sanitizing but you seem to know what to do.

Worst comes to worst, you're not dying, just eat mints to ease the feeling
    Ok, thanks!

As long as nobody was actively sick at your house, then you have nothing to worry about. I think you will be just fine.

How are ya now?
    Your n* might be hunger if you're doing the classic avoiding eating....but I know that's the natural reaction

Quote Originally Posted by thecheesecake17 View Post
    How are ya now?
    Your n* might be hunger if you're doing the classic avoiding eating....but I know that's the natural reaction
    I was nausea all day until i ate something, then my stomach started hurting and I thought for sure I was getting the sv but I didn't
    So far so good, still a bit paranoid, I went and bought more hand sanitizer.
    I'm ok..