Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Periods D: (probably or definitely TMI)

This is more of a rant than anything. For as long as I can remember my menstrual cycle has been so weird! Last month I woke up in the middle of the night with the absolute worst cramps and constipation ever. I felt so sluggish and gross the following day, too, and I was so worried until I realized the cause.

Right now I'm laying in bed with the worst bloating I've ever had (I usually bloat with anxiety and panic attacks as well) and I'm both very hungry and a little n*. I had cramps and d* until I took Pepto and Tums. Luckily I was still able to eat dinner and a snack afterwards.

Then some months I feel barely anything at all (the good months!)

This was really ramble-y, but does anyone else experience this? It would help to know that I'm not the only one suffering ( ;´Д`)

Default Re: Periods D: (probably or definitely TMI)

I definitely understand! I'm on the seasonal birth control (so my period comes every 3 months) and booooy when that time comes, I'm just miserable. N*, D*, cramps, bloating... It's all horrible. Trust me, you're not alone. The months in between I PMS when the time comes when I'm "supposed" to have my period. I just have a strange cycle.... Sometimes it's good, sometimes it's bad. When I feel like crap, I tend not to eat too much and eat light foods. Peppermints always on hand. And I do take pepto when it's bad. No worries girl! We are here for you.

My digestive system is defiantly different the first couple of days of my period. Sometimes the day before it starts too. I get loose stools and stomach cramping.

Hello all. I started a separate thread to this about 4 weeks ago - EXACTLY the same issues for me - very heavy periods and diarrhoea. Happy to hear from you.
    Sadie xxx

I just got over my period about 4 days ago and it was a rough one as well! Super heavy, cramps a week before and during my cycle, my stomach felt gassy pretty much the whole time and my appetite decreased. I also had loose bms. It sucks being a woman sometimes!

I'm sorry for you guys who get this....I heard that the muscles that cause cramping also manage our loose stools hence why we get the D* when the pains bad. It sounds weird, but for me the pain eases quite a bit after I've been to the bathroom...then I take a liquid paracetamol and I'm OK.

Try sleeping it off too, that helps a ton....its what I did in my teenage years before my periods became light cos I dropped some weight...

Yes yes yes!!! I do the same thing! I always have migraines and d*and n*. It sends me into a panic attack every. single. time. Then, a few days later, I start. I absolutely HATE it! It's like my hormones kick my ibs into full throttle! I THINK I'm dealing with this right now, but not sure because I miscarried three weeks ago. This isn't helping my anxiety!

I have the worst periods!! The night before i feel so sick and during the night and the whole first day! It sucks

yup as I've gotten older I def get more d and n than when I was 15. It stinks but apparently it is normal to have different symptoms some months than others. I just mark the calendar and try not to freak out for that week...hugs. I'll be there in a matter of days myself

Not sure if this is a myth but I heard that bananas help with both the pain and the D*...not gonna lie, it didn't help me so well some months but others its nice cos its not too filling and makes you feel a bit more energised and healthy for the month

You are not alone! I get this way too

I get the same kind of issues, for some reason drinking pomegranate juice helps.

Mine were exactly like that until the pill. They still fluctuate (some months worse than others) but better than they were. And even on the pill, my period is irregular. The first 3 days, especially day 3 seem to always be the worst for me.
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”

“We are the girls with anxiety disorders, filled appointment books, five-year plans. We take ourselves very, very seriously. We are the peacemakers, the do-gooders, the givers, the savers. We are on time, overly prepared, well read, and witty, intellectually curious, always moving. We pride ourselves on getting as little sleep as possible and thrive on self-deprivation. We drink coffee, a lot of it. We are on birth control, Prozac, and multivitamins. We are relentless, judgmental with ourselves, and forgiving to others. We never want to be as passive-aggressive as our mothers, never want to marry men as uninspired as our fathers. We are the daughters of the feminists who said, “You can be anything,” and we heard, “You have to be everything.”

you're certainly not alone! I have had many a time where with my period would come extreme and crippling abdominal pain. I can't do anything while it strikes. I'll be doing eyeliner and suddenly I'll have to haunch over in pain D: one night I woke up with the pain and I have never experienced anything like it. I couldn't keep quiet it was so painful. I get d* on my period too, as well as bloating. I heard it was to do with the muscle contractions which cause the pain. I usually take some Imodium to help. I'll feel quite s* sometimes too which is unnerving for someone with emetophobia! I went on the pill as a hope to get rid of the symptoms, but everyone is different, and for me it's still quite bad. maybe go to your gp and explain the way you are feeling. they can usually prescribe some strong painkillers which help. hope all is well and that you have them under control in short time xx

My periods were not a problem until I had to take birth control pills. I've already tried so many ... The one I'm on right know is the "best" of all the previous one but it still causes me troubles. I've had bad D* during my periods the first three months (which led to anxiety, obviously), pretty bad cramps and my apetite has decreased (I don't eat much because of this stupid phobia and the birth control pill definitely doesn't help).
    I bloat a lot and get n* during periods as well , don't worry you're definitely not alone!