Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Me and my son have had D* for a week now, help! :(

It started with me and my youngest son last weekend (on Friday), we both had a day of D* I wouldn't say true watery d* just having to go often with cramps and they were loose (sorry graphic). My youngest son (he's 6.5) was past it by the next day and hasn't had an issue since. My oldest son started with it on Tuesday and he is still having d* pretty bad, like about 4 or 5 times a day. Pretty much when he eats, within minutes it's coming back out. It's so bad he's having accidents and he's almost 9 years old. I feel so bad for him!! I'm still having on and off d* but its getting better. What could be causing this? We have appetites, no fever, or aches. Just d*. We had rotavirus back in April, started with aches/headaches, high fevers and d* followed for about 8-10 days for me, both my kids and my husband. It was terrible! Could it be rota again and its more mild in myself and my other son because we already had it? So far my husband hasn't come down with the d* but the 3 kids I babysitt during the week have. They each had it for 5-8 days. Even one of the Moms had it for about a week. Whatever it is, I want it to go away!!

Default Re: Me and my son have had D* for a week now, help! :(

Hm, have there been recent tests done on your water? Sometimes tap water can be not so great and cause an upset tummy. It happened to my mom and I when we were in the US, actually it's happened quite a few times. No vomiting but frequent d and unpleasantness. There should be data online for your county/municipality, or you can call in and ask. It bothered my mom and I, and my moms friend, but not my brother. But we confirmed with the mayor that something had shown up in the water tests.

Hope you're feeling better soon!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Att våga är att tappa fotfästet en stund, att inte våga är att förlora sig själv."
    "To dare is to lose your foothold for a moment, to not dare is to lose yourself."

I believe I had something similar(if not the same thing) a few years back in 2011. I could eat but didn't want to and had D* for a good five days....it was only seven days later I passed a solid bm....if you're getting better, don't worry! Anything other than worse is OK..

Bananas are good for solidifying bms and help give lost energy. wait it out, sounds like its hit you all bad....

Maybe some anti laxatives?

I don't know what it is, but it is NOT fun! Its day 9 now for my son and day 11 for me. One of my little ones I keep is having the same problem as well. I'm really over it!

Did you go to the doctors??

Quote Originally Posted by thecheesecake17 View Post
    Did you go to the doctors??
    No, thankfully we seem to finally be past it! It lasted 12 days for me and 10 for my son. The little ones I keep (3 of them) all had it for a week to 10 days as well. Whatever it was, I'm thankful its gone!

I just had this for an entire week! I've never, ever had anything that lasted so long or was so violent. I was one day away from going to the ER to get fluids because I couldn't stay hydrated. Nobody in my family caught it, and I haven't been around anybody who's been sick, though, so I'm not so convinced it was a virus. I actually went to the doctor last week and had a stool test done and should hear back this weekend as to what it was. It was horrible! I'm so glad you guys are feeling better!

Oh my!!! I'm so sorry!! Hope you are feeling better! Let me know what the Dr. Says.