Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Cinema + Update

Default Cinema + Update

I went to the local cinema(Odeon) yesterday to see a movie and the cinema stank of v* or at least something very similar, and there was a yellow covering box type of thing on a part of the floor. I went out to complain but the guy just said that he would send someone in to deal with it. I went back in to see if it was as strong as before, sat down for 2 minutes and then decided to leave as I couldn't deal with sitting in it for 2 hours. So, now I am panicking about it being NV or some other SV, and what that is going to do to me (i.e make me V*). Is this likely to cause me to be sick? I kinda need an answer as I can't focus on anything else today.

Default Re: Cinema + Update

You don't know that it was v*. A lot of cleaning products unfortunately smell a lot like v* which is rather off putting, especially the industrial ones. With the yellow box on part of the floor, it could be indicating that it had just been cleaned and the floor might be slippery. Or someone could have spilt something, stale, sugary drinks often have an unpleasant odour. If it was V* though you are not going to get sick from it. To catch an sv* you have to physically ingest infected v* or d* particles. It is not airbourne, at least not for long. If someone had V* then the particles would have fallen to the ground really quickly and they will not still be floating around the area. You only walked past the area, you were not there when someone was possibly v*, there is no way that you will catch anything from it. Relax. You'll be completely fine.
    "Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring" - Marilyn Monroe

Default Re: Cinema + Update

Ok, thanks. That has really helped me.