Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Think I caught it.. so scared!!!

I am freaking out right now, lastnight my other nephew was throwing up and he's still sick today. I woke up feeling weird in my stomach, it started hurting so I went to the bathroom and I had *D, so gross! I still feel like i need to go to the bathroom. I took gravol in case I start feeling nauseous. My mom isn't here to help me in case I throw up, only she knows how afraid I am of doing that/ What do I do? I feel like crying. I don't wanna be sick, if I have it is there anyway to keep it down? More gravol? Pepto bismol? Also, how can I stop the *D? I'm so F'n scared right now!!! Someone help!!!

Default Re: Think I caught it.. so scared!!!

First thing to do is to try and calm down but I know its hard. Calming down could be the breaking point as ALOT of D* is caused by anxiety. However it could be linked...but you don't have any n* so that's a start! Eitherway, being calm will make you feel so much better...if you need to v* , doing it relaxed it so much better but I highly doubt you'll get to that stage...

As for the 'feeling like you still need to use the bathroom', your bm loosened so its all gonna feel loose and uncontrolled, maybe just wait. if you have to go again - go...don't fight it! The more you go the more you're getting it out of your system even though it's unpleasant. Also I do believe in milder forms of the virus... I won't forget the sv* my bro had five years ago then me coming down with a similar but less nasty version of it.

I hope you're OK!

Default Re: Think I caught it.. so scared!!!

I agree with cheesecake. sometimes it is just stomach ache and d. honestly, usually n and v comes first, not way after. it works its way DOWN, not UP. just relax and let the poo come out if it wants to. I bet you will be fine.