Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Hugged someone with Norovirus.... HELP!!!!

Hi guys so a co worker went sick on Saturday and I found out she was vomiting. Anyway one of my other co workers knows her outside of work and thought she was lying. Anywho she was also off Sunday and she apparently went to the hospital. Monday she messaged me saying she had a form a food poisoning and the Drs had found Norovirus. Now I seemed to cope pretty well with this, however she returned to work today and was upset over her relationship and asked for a hug. And at the time I thought it would be ok, Iso I hugged her. Straight after I went and washed my hands, and when I got home I changed the top I was wearing just incase her close had any virus particles on. I was fine but now I'm panicking about it Just want some help and reassurance really. x

Default Re: Hugged someone with Norovirus.... HELP!!!!

I am sure she has showered and washed appropriately so the likelihood she had any particles on her is very very slim. Plus you didn't see her directly after she was sick or using the bathroom. I think you are going to be fine.

And welcome. do an intro thread since this is your first post!

Default Re: Hugged someone with Norovirus.... HELP!!!!

You'll be okay, your coworker's definitely showered since her illness, and you were careful after hugging her.