Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Any dancers on this board? I was just wondering....I had to stop dancing temporarily due to physiotherapy for my back (scoliosis) and I'm missing it A LOT!
    cheers
    Hannah

I danced for 15 years and gave up just before uni because i wouldnt be able to afford it! I do miss it alot, and definately will start again when I finish! I done Latin American which was great exercise! What kind of dancing do u do?
    <center><font size=\"2\"><font color=BLACK> If you\'re going through hell... keep on going... </font></font></center>

HANNAH~~

I have scoliosis too!! Fun, isn't it?[img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]

DO you get any ongoing treatments? Do they help? I can't even mop my floors or vacuum without severe pain.
    ~*~Charlene~*~

I danced for 12 yrs...tap and ballet I loved it and I wish I never stopped!

I took ballet and jazz..... I was never really good at eaither of them... I was very flexible... but I have like NO rythm.
    Friendship is like pee in your pants.... everyone can see it.... but only YOU can feel it\'s true warmth...

Danced for 10 years- took ballet, tap, jazz, hip-hopand acro......then gave it up for hockey! LOL- it was definitely the right move for me. Cross-checking someone when the ref wasn't looking was MUCH more satisfying than a pirouette or a flap-ball-change could ever be

Now, the only dancing I do involves a pole

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I don't dance but my mom did...she was a professional modern dancer in a dance company for years. Now she's a yoga teacher. I hate to say it, but i don't think i inherited any of her flexible genes!!

&lt;3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

i am a ballet dancer, but i do tap too, and used to do jazz. i also do contemporary ballet, witch is so much fun, and really helps the creative mind! ballet's my fave, i do 3hrs a week.

jen

<font color=GREEN>
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    happiness is a way of travel -- not a destination
    </font>

Quote Originally Posted by crimgoddess

Danced for 10 years- took ballet, tap, jazz, hip-hopand acro......then gave it up for hockey! LOL- it was definitely the right move for me. Cross-checking someone when the ref wasn't looking was MUCH more satisfying than a pirouette or a flap-ball-change could ever be

Now, the only dancing I do involves a pole

*amber*

lol, sounds hot! actually, I've heard of classes you can take that are like "stipper dancing".. I'd like to take one for the fun of it.. would be neat to show my boyfriend some new moves!
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

I used to dance, I was a stripper LoL So I'm certainly not talking abou the kind of dancing you're talking about. I remember when I was little I took Ballet lessons but they never went anywhere. Also I used to figure skate and that's sort of like dancing. But I got really good at it and lessons got expensive and just like EVERYTHING that gets expensive that I like my parents took it away from me.

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!