Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Agoraphobic

I honestly do not know if that is the right name for my topic but I will try and explain and see if anyone can help me out.......I am a severe emet but my problems have suddenly become worse in the last few months.....I went from going places and having fun to only leaving my house to go to only places with drive thrus pretty much.......I am pretty sure it is called agoraphobic when you are scared to leave your house, scared of what the outside world might throw at you.....I honestly do not know what my next step to take should be I am only 21 and have been and emet since around age 2 or 3 it started then being scared to t* up then it escalated to being terrified and now I just do not know what to do ......I have a 2 year old daughter who I know my phobia effects....If anyone has any advise I would appreciate it tremendously!

If it weren't for the phobia, where would you go?

Let's start with that.

For Lack of better advice, SEEK HELP! It's not going to get better on your own, and will not only affect you.. but your daughter as well.

It's tough at times, but hang in there. Many of us have children on this board, and we all cope... we do what we gotta do...

But DEFINTEY go seek some help.. try cognitive first w/ your therapist or something.

Sorry I couldn't really be more helpful
    Friendship is like pee in your pants.... everyone can see it.... but only YOU can feel it\'s true warmth...