Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Really need help. Away from me in Japan

I'm really freaking out. I'm in Japan and I've been feeling sick and weird since I last ate. I got dressed and went to walk outside but stood in the lobby for a bit. I've had a cold and sore ears from flying but nothing stomach related. Went out for dinner was all good but I have an uncomfortable full feeling that hasn't gone away like when you eat too much. It's just sitting in my stomach and it's scary cause it feels like I need to burp, which freaks me out. I'm so far from home and can't be sick like this. I don't know what's wrong or why it won't go away it's been hours since I ate. Really need help
    No passion so effectively robs the mind of all its powers of acting and reasoning as fear.

Default Re: Really need help. Away from me in Japan

There's nothing worse than being away from home and being uncomfortable. We've all been there, and I'm so sorry you're dealing with this right now.

It is a scary feeling, but just remember, you will be ok. Sometimes if I start to feel uncomfortable like that, I'll take a few antacids (Tums or Rolaids or whatever), which helps my stomach and also the effect of it calms my nerves.

Sending you comforting vibes from the US!

Thank you for your response. I managed to get a couple hours sleep and it's morning here now. I'm pretty sure I was just very bloated from dinner. I normally eat that much at home but I think I should eat a little less here because any slight feeling of uncomfortableness sends me into a tailspin
    No passion so effectively robs the mind of all its powers of acting and reasoning as fear.

Sounds like you're recovered (:
    Well done for not turning that into a full blown panic attack. I went to London this summer (only two hours from me) and felt n* and went home to my parents lol what a baby!!

Try and enjoy your trip and be wary of the food, stick to the blandest and you won't be up panicking all night....