Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Anyone online to help please

I'm in Japan getting ready to fly back home to Australia. I arrived at the airport and started feeling funny. Like hot and lightheaded and just generally unwell and *n.Almost like coming down with a bug. I'm freaking out, I'm sitting at the terminal waiting hour and half for my flight with group of us and it's 8 hours. I'm so scared. I have sea ands on and took some promethazine (phenergan) bout 2 hours ago. I'm worried they won't work. I've been anxious today travelling on bullet train to get here and it's so busy but that went away and I felt fine until I got here. I'm just so worried I picked up a bug here cause I'm not that strict with hand washing anymore. Can some reassure me it's so crowded and claustrophobic on the plane that makes me worse
    No passion so effectively robs the mind of all its powers of acting and reasoning as fear.

Default Re: Anyone online to help please

I really don't know if it's just nerves or not. I hate traveling, even long car rides make me feel sick. I think sea bands and meds help. can you get a ginger ale or Sprite? that helps a lot. crackers too. it may just mean you have to have something fizzy to burp. hugs. and what a great trip!!!

Every time I travel I start to feel n*. I can't stand flying either. I panic all the time. Maybe it is your nerves hyping up? Try to stay calm, breathe. I agree with mdgirl. Try to get something like crackers. I never travel without crackers. That is pretty much all I can ever eat when traveling. xx

When you get back home you should write a thread about your trip. I would love to hear about your experiences in Japan.

"Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future." - JFK

"All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt." - Charles Schulz

I ALWAYS feel nauseous before I fly, and it's always anxiety. As soon as we take off and are in the air, I relax a little, then when we land I always feel fantastic. I think it's just nerves, airports aren't nice places to wait for a long time.

How did you get on Emma?

I couldn't access the Internet so I'm sorry I couldn't get back but I was able to read everything when I got off. The feeling slowly subsided when I was talking to friends and family and I think the phenergan kicked in. My flight was fine, has couple panicky moments but I'm impressed I calmed myself down pretty well and reassured myself. It was so uncomfortable though and didn't sleep much. I still have one more 2 hour flight to catch and I was hungry so has fruit salad and yoghurt even though I feel anxious about travelling on a full stomach. But I'm hopeful this flight will go fast cause I'm just so desperate to get home. Thank you all so much your messages helped heaps and I'll write a there as when I get back. I had many anxious moments!

And now one of the girls I'm travelling with feels like being sick on the flight. I really really hope she isn't. :S