Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default 4 y/o said her belly feels "just awful."

As the title says, little one doesn't feel well. Of course I'm panicking all over the place!! Husband is at work. I KNOW that it could be just a belly ache, or she needs to use the bathroom, or any number of things. It still does not help my panic! I KNOW she'll be ok either way, and ultimately, so will I, but logic and reason go out the window with those 'my belly hurts' words. I get so frustrated with myself! It takes a lot of work staying at this level of panic! Wish I could just stop! Like everyone else, I know about washing my hands, prepping where she's laying, etc. Not sure what I'm asking here. Just makes me feel better to post?

Default Re: 4 y/o said her belly feels "just awful."

I'm sorry you've had no reply thus far!
    Yeah to be honest you are amazing for sticking by her, I know some parents who dash when that happens so well done, you're so much stronger than most people.

How is she now?? Give her some mints to ease the n* if its the dreaded. Kids can have mints, right?

I had to pick my 4 year old daughter up 2 hrs after dropping her at school yesterday because she didn't feel well and her tummy hurt. She was still eating all day, though not as much as usual, and she was very tired. She complained off and on all day of her tummy hurting and not feeling good. Nothing happened........and today she is fine. I guess it was a mild bug, or she caught just a touch of something going around at school (hopefully enough to boost her immunity!!). How is your little one?

What helped me deal with these type of situations was to imagine them happening even during the good times. Whatever those fears are - just work on convincing yourself that it's no danger, you'll be fine, etc. ESPECIALLY when things are going well. I use my shower time to work on my recovery a lot. You're in a safe environment there and can stop any time. But just keep telling yourself how some day IT (whatever that fear is) will happen. How am I going to react? How do I want to react? Is it really a big deal? So what if I/my family/a stranger v*? What will I do to get through?

It's really hard to talk yourself out of a panic when you're already beginning to panic. Especially in the beginning. But work on it when you're not panicked at all - it'll make it easier to get out of when you are in a panic moment!