Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default intense dizziness, like swaying

I don't usually do panic posts but I am really panicking right now. I'm away from home and staying in a hostel, I'd been looking around the city today and having a nice time when I started to feel hungry. I hadn't eaten much so I went to get a berry muffin, but after eating it I began to feel intensely dizzy, like I was on a boat. I've taken compazine as I'm scared, but it doesn't seem to help much. I sometimes get dizzy because of other health issues, but never feel like this. It is really scary and I'm scared it's the start of a bug? Do other people get this kind of dizziness with bugs?

Default Re: intense dizziness, like swaying

Doesn't sound like you've had much to eat.. you may need something with some protein... I suffer from dizziness too, these are the things that cause it for me 1. PMS.. didn't start happening til my late 30's.. freaked me out at first.. it passes 2. Stress/Anxiety... too much caffeine gets me into trouble with this... Goes away with relaxation (medication if bad) 3. Dehydration, low bp, low blood sugar.. drink water.. some say salted orange juice, I like Emergen-C added to a bottle of water, helps a bunch. 4. Low thyroid.. just started treatment for that.. I hope some of these suggestions help.. I know dizziness is a very disturbing feeling, Bless you.

Default Re: intense dizziness, like swaying

I think it's probably something else. I'd suggest you lie down and take some deep breaths and relax. That will help your dizziness and will keep you from falling if you get really dizzy. It could also be an inner ear problem. I found out I have one when I passes out cold in a hotel on vacation... fun times. Er dr found nothing and said it was vertigo (whole room spinning like one of those black and white swirling hypnotizing circles) and inner ear. I spent 4 hrs doing deep breathing and calming myself and it went away without meds.

So relax, deep breaths, you're going to be ok!