I'm new. I took my dog out for a walk today and she and I accidentally walked through some dried v* in the middle of the street. I asked the neighbor about it when he got out of his car and he said that one girl who lives there has been sick for a few days. He didn't indicate that anyone else was sick (it's a missionary group that houses 10+ people) and it hasn't stopped her from going to work. My hubby washed the dog outside for me, but not after I'd walked her back through the house and out her in her crate. I left my shoes in the garage, but now I'm afraid that she tracked the germs onto the carpet with her feet. (I bought her a new crate and put the old one in garage cus I couldn't handle cleaning it and we wanted a smaller one anyway).

So so now in trying to gauge how much I need to freak out about it being on the carpet. Did it wear off her paws when we walked? Also since people were driving through it, even though it's dried, can it get spread all over the street and on the driveways and garages? If it's on the carpet, are we spreading it around with our feet and socks? My daughter touches her feet and then touches her face.

How owe much am I overreacting? Could use advice. Hubby and mom told me "it's fine" but I'm having trouble getting these thoughts out of my head and just visualize particles being spread all over our house every time we walk over the carpet.