Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default I can't relax !!!

I've tried very hard to relax this weekend, but it seems like I can't. I barely eat, feel weak, and there's so much in my mind that my head could explode. I work in a primary school as an administrative assistant (for those who haven't read my previous posts). I'm rarely in direct contact with the kids but a lot of them come to my office to hug and kiss me from time to time. I really love kids, and I feel guilty to say this but I'm so afraid to get sick. This thought won't leave my mind. I keep imagine myself feeling n* at the office etc. It scares the hell out of me. And I know that not eating is not good for my imune system but I'm to scared to eat normally.

I would appreciate some support ...

Hope you're all having a good day.

x

Default Re: I can't relax !!!

I'm sorry you are so stressed out! But let's think of it this way:

#1 You know you need to eat.

#2 If you don't eat it may make you feel terribly ill anyway.

#3 Eating will not keep you from getting ill if you contract a bug or virus (again see above, it can actually make you sick!)

Food fuels the body. And honestly if this job is too much for your mental and physical health right now then maybe you should look for another. Don't feel guilty for being honest - that's a great thing! ((hugs))

Default Re: I can't relax !!!

Thank you so much for your reply ...
    I know I have to eat. That's the problem. I know that not eating can make me feel ill, weak etc but my mind won't accept it. I just can't. I try very hard, I swear but it's easier said than done I suppose.

This job is not too much, really, I love it. And it's not physically tiring. Well, it is a little considering I'm not eating as much as I should to feel good. I'm being honest when I say that ANY job would be stressful for me because of my phobia. I'm working 15 minutes away from home, part-time, I'm often alone in the office (which reduces the anxiety A LOT) so I guess it could be a lot worse. I'm grateful for this job, I just need to relax, which I have found difficult lately ...