Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Please help.. What is this?

I've felt off today but nothing unusual. I had to go to the grocery store, pulled in and started getting the shakes, got cold and stomach turned. Figured it was nothing and proceeded to go inside. I got inside the store and felt like I could v* everywhere. I started to freak out so I turned around and left. Got back home and everything was ok besides still a bit shaken up. Later on I attempted to go shopping again, got halfway down the driveway and was overcome by these feelings again. I had to take a minute to gather myself. I continued on to the store, I took my son with me this time, it helped but I still had to fight the feelings. I managed to get my stuff and leave. Now I'm home and ok. Is this anxiety? Panic?

Default Re: Please help.. What is this?

Yes.. sounds like panic to me. A couple years ago I kept getting dizzy .like I was going faint kinda feeling when I went to Wal mart ot the grocery store. It has passed. Just each time you go, breathe through it. Feel the fear and get through it. Be good to yourself. Each time you do, you'll be closer to getting over it.

Typically, if I find myself feeling sick in a certain area/situation multiple times for no reason, I chock it up to anxiety. Especially if you're fine once you get home.
    Last edited by Maige; 11-16-2015 at 08:06 PM.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The knowledge that you one day will conquer this fear, it fills you with determination.

Sounds like a random panic attack. I hate those I get them too from time to time.

Definitely a panic attack, and if you aren't careful, you can become agorophobic and never want to leave your house. It is hard, but try not to let panic win. I have been there.. trust me.

Yes, especially if you feel better once you are home. I hate when that happens to me because I honestly think I am going to be sick then I get home and calm down and Im fine. It's so annoying/frustrating
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”

“We are the girls with anxiety disorders, filled appointment books, five-year plans. We take ourselves very, very seriously. We are the peacemakers, the do-gooders, the givers, the savers. We are on time, overly prepared, well read, and witty, intellectually curious, always moving. We pride ourselves on getting as little sleep as possible and thrive on self-deprivation. We drink coffee, a lot of it. We are on birth control, Prozac, and multivitamins. We are relentless, judgmental with ourselves, and forgiving to others. We never want to be as passive-aggressive as our mothers, never want to marry men as uninspired as our fathers. We are the daughters of the feminists who said, “You can be anything,” and we heard, “You have to be everything.”

Quote Originally Posted by Charzy14 View Post
    Definitely a panic attack, and if you aren't careful, you can become agorophobic and never want to leave your house. It is hard, but try not to let panic win. I have been there.. trust me.
    ^^Agreed!

Keep trying, go as far as you can each time. Keep it up until you can finally get through it.

Do whatever you can to get through the barricade - sounds like your son helped so maybe chat to him about light hearted things you can laugh about! Also maybe take a mint in the car cos even if you do feel sick, you can use it as a 'just incase'... Placebo can be such a save with a panic. I eat one everytime I go onstage and think of it like Zofran haha

Quote Originally Posted by thecheesecake17 View Post
    Do whatever you can to get through the barricade - sounds like your son helped so maybe chat to him about light hearted things you can laugh about! Also maybe take a mint in the car cos even if you do feel sick, you can use it as a 'just incase'... Placebo can be such a save with a panic. I eat one everytime I go onstage and think of it like Zofran haha
    Omg - I do mints too...but in my mind they are Xanax lol! It works for some reason!!

I can totally relate to this! This past Saturday (Aunt Flo is visiting soon) I had to run into town and do some winter shopping for my daughter, the mall, target then head to my sons last soccer game. I had a little anxiety nothing overwhelming at the mall then when I got to target it just hit me like a freight train, I took a half of a Valium, chewed some peppermint gum and a couple nauzene tablets (they work for indigestion too!), and got a Sierra Mist, anyways and I just kept breathing and kept walking. One foot in front of the other. Focused on what I was doing and why I needed to be there, by the time my Valium kicked in I was striding around target like nothing happened! Enjoyed my sons soccer game then headed home to cook dinner! My tummy was off all that day but I think cause the time of the month and I let my thoughts cloud my overall feeling. When times get hard I just tell myself one foot in front of the other, you got this. I can't go nowhere standing still so if I'm walking, even baby steps, forward that means I'm conquering my fear and anxiety! 😊

I'm gonna try that CMM! Sounds like the Valium made everything better haha.

Chigal - its amazing isn't it? I barely even use mints now when I'm n* or panicky so that when I get to a REAL panic I can just take one ...definitely makes it go away faster and makes me think I'll be OK! I've even done it when I'm nervous at an interview plus we get good breath haha

Quote Originally Posted by CMM811 View Post
    I can totally relate to this! This past Saturday (Aunt Flo is visiting soon) I had to run into town and do some winter shopping for my daughter, the mall, target then head to my sons last soccer game. I had a little anxiety nothing overwhelming at the mall then when I got to target it just hit me like a freight train, I took a half of a Valium, chewed some peppermint gum and a couple nauzene tablets (they work for indigestion too!), and got a Sierra Mist, anyways and I just kept breathing and kept walking. One foot in front of the other. Focused on what I was doing and why I needed to be there, by the time my Valium kicked in I was striding around target like nothing happened! Enjoyed my sons soccer game then headed home to cook dinner! My tummy was off all that day but I think cause the time of the month and I let my thoughts cloud my overall feeling. When times get hard I just tell myself one foot in front of the other, you got this. I can't go nowhere standing still so if I'm walking, even baby steps, forward that means I'm conquering my fear and anxiety! 
    ^Love this!