Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default It's EVERYWHERE!

Ugh. So two of my friends were sick over the weekend, two people in my classes were talking about how they were sick last week, and it feels like every single post on social media is people complaining about how sick they feel. For the past few days I've had an awful headache (probably due to anxiety, so all of this sick-talk is not helping) and everything just seems like a nightmare. How do you deal with it? Plus my birthday is in two weeks, I really really REALLY want to stay healthy. I never eat or touch my mouth or face without washing my hands first, I take a multivitamin everyday, etc. But I just can't help but feel anxious.

Default Re: It's EVERYWHERE!

Just because people are saying that they feel ill and even when people are complaining of stomach issues/saying that they feel sick doesn't mean that those around you have Norovirus and it certainly doesn't mean that a stomach bug is everywhere. Practice basic hygiene techniques to keep you well, you aren't going to be ill for your birthday, I'd bet $$ on it!