Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Red face Sort if OT: I sang at Carnegie Hall!!!

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to share with you some triumphs I recently had. A new choir I joined last year got invited to sing at Carnegie Hall. There ended up being 450 singers from different states, and we sang with Sandi Patty, Veritas, Regi Stone, and Marcia Ware (not sure if you've heard of any of these)...The concert was last night and it was very exciting!! My hubby and I are not city people so it was a little uncomfortable navigating through NYC, staying at hotels, eating out... So my fears kicked in about being crammed on stage with 450 people, not being able to leave the stage during the performance, having to eat dinner out before performing (YIKES!!!), staying at a hotel, everything we touch, doors, etc., you name it. But I told myself to STOP, and just really enjoy this awesome experience. And I did. I did have to take an ativan before the performance, and that really helped me keep even keel throughout.

Anyway, I just wanted to say that I survived, had some anxiety, kept it under control, and even enjoyed myself. I'm curious about all of you NYC people who travel there frequently...how do you do it? How do you manage among the masses? How is dining in NY? Fill me in! I'd like to return again...thanks guys!!!

Default Re: Sort if OT: I sang at Carnegie Hall!!!

Wow! That is awesome!, how great of an experience and you didn't let the fear hold you back!!! My Aunt was there singing too! Small world

This is fricken awesome! Go YOU! I'm very proud of your accomplishments and you should be too. There are definitely some things on that list that are anxiety provoking for someone who isn't emet and you did them . Love when members share things like this .

Thank you, Punchbuggy and Horsewoman. Yes, I'm kind of proud too...and hoping we can do it again next year...Horsewoman, that's amazing that your aunt was there!! Where is she from? There were about 17 different states represented there. Was she on the concert tour? Most of the members were part of the Celebration Concert Tours...but we were so close by in CT that we were just invited to sing. It was a wonderful experience.

This is completely ON topic BTW!! You described what every emet would feel going to a city...worrying about eating out and sleeping etc... I'm also a singer and have to do a huge assessment next year where I will sing and play piano for a full twenty minutes! Eek!!!

Well done for shutting up the anxiety and saying 'I WILL enjoy this!!!!!!'.... Kinda feel like that in day to day situations when I'm enjoying myself but can't relax. Very encouraging, thanks and we'll done BTW!!

Thank you cheesecake!! Hope your assessment goes well...wow, that would be soo intimidating. Yes, that was my first bigtime singing. I did feel like I wasn't "qualified" to be singing at Carnegie Hall, but our group got invited, and with no auditions, so I just did my best. I just love to sing! Thanks again.

W O W! Soo proud of you!

Thank you Hello there!! I appreciate it!