Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: birthday cake.

Ok, I have a weird one. I'm always has issues with birthday cake. You know, the candles, then the singing, then the blowing out the candles.

Ugh, I always thought this was a disgusting tradition. You're basically blowing your germs all over the cake, then it's served to all your guests. I didn't really eat anyone's birthday cake but my own. I dunno. Just weird to me.

Why this came up today with me, it was my cousin's bday, and my mom brought us home some cake. And I had a peice, then started thinking about it. My cousin is ALWAYS sick. He was just getting over a nasty cold, so is my other cousin (who i'm sure helped blow the cake out). So yeah, who knows what they have. Now I'm all worried.

This is so weird. I'm sorry.

its not wierd. its a part of your phobia, its a part of who u are.

something that eveyrone takes for granted ... that they are not bothered about germs and stuff.

i did used to bebothered about what you have explained, but, i was simply calmed by one thing: echinachea. i feel if i take that, whatever germs get to me, and how they get to me, wil be challenged by this herbal medecine and it wont affect me.

but, lets face it, your immune system is gnna be quite strong, and so wil be able to face ne germs that do find their way inside you.. if u dont have these random attacks every now and again, ur immuine system is gnna get really really low...

Jen xxxxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hi,Well the way that i try to look at it is,for years i have had birthday cake.As being a nanny meant i was at a birthday party nearly every week......And i would always share a piece of cake with the kids............And who ever's B'day it was would blow out the candles but i never got sick from eating the cake so i guess u have to try and be logic here and c whats more likely and i wouldn't have thought that a big amount of germs would be transfered on to the cake......I mean u can kiss a person like snog and u don't get anything......I'm just trying to be logic here,i know it's difficult to think that way when u feel anxious about something,i got a bit worried tonite as i had some slices of chicken that i put in my sandwiches and i normally wrap it in Kitchen foil when i first open it but i had run out today so i had to use cling film instead,when i went to use it this evening,it looked a bit sweaty.....so of course i thought that the cling film hade made it go off......but i just tried to switch off that thought and i told myself that i was being stupid and that i had only opened the fresh packet today and that when i was young mymum would always wrap our sandwiches in cling film not kitchen foil and that i will be ok........And i'm ok i ate the sandwich but the little bad thought kept on slipping back into my mind but i just keep reminding myself but it is hard so i do understand where u are coming through.......Just try and remember how many times u have eaten B'cake before and u have been ok.......Alot of people cough around food and u are ok.............I hope u are ok

Take care vicky