Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Bad bus ride :(

Unhappy Bad bus ride :(

I got on the bus (in high school) today and it smelled like cleaner but I tried not to worry. Then the other kids got on and all yelled "It still smells like V*". Right after my friend told me that yesterday the boy two rows back threw up in his seat and didn't tell anyone, but instead just moved to another seat. Thankfully it happened after I got off but now I'm scared I was exposed and that he moved to my seat. I know they don't clean up well afterwards and the particles could've gotten all over. I hope to quit riding the bus. Do you think I'll catch it? I'm so upset.
    Last edited by farminggirl; 12-01-2015 at 05:16 PM.

Default Re: Bad bus ride :(

Even if he did move to your seat, chances of you catching something from that are unlikely. For one, he could have been sick for various reasons, many which are not contagious. Also, I'm sure you are good with your hand washing before you eat and everything so you'll be washing away any potential germs you did pick up. Plus, think of all of the people who run into situations like that every single day - touch something or sit somewhere that someone v* moments before, don't take any extra precautions, and are still perfectly fine. I'm sure you'll be good. Plus, you can totally handle anything that happens to you!

Buses are notorious for making people sick, even if they don't get motion sickness! I was talking to my friend who's a teacher, they just went on a field trip and she said like 10 kids said they felt sick on the bus ride but ended up perfectly fine! I for one am traumatized by a bus ride when I was in 5th grade we went on a field trip far (like 2 hours away) and it was a windy 2 lane road and a kid got sick on the way back. The bus didn't stop and we had to ride that whole way back like that OMG. I will never ride a school bus again. I go on my kids field trips but I drive my own car. I don't do the bus thing nope no way no how! Lol! He could have had slight motion sickness or ate something that didn't agree with him. I think you will be just fine! Hugs!

Thanks guys! I've been doing better with my anxiety (the fact that I didn't get off the bus and call my bother shows that) but this was too much. I'm going to try not to freak out when I go to bed tonight and hope y'all are right, as the non anxious part of me says you are.

I'm sure you will be fine. The kid didn't necessarily have something contagious, it could have been travel sickness.
    I used to hate school bus rides, I've been asked to volunteer on a couple of my daughters school trips, but I've said no as I can't bear the thought of one of the kids being sick!!