Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Huge panic attack, need some support :(

I think I'm having a panic attack. I have been feeling weird for hours (right after I had dinner, it's 11pm where I live). I have had this feeling that something bad is gonna happen .. Don't know why but it has led to n*, stomach pains, yucky feeling ... My heart is beating very fast, I'm shaking. I clearly don't know what is happening to me right know but I'm so scared.
    Those stupid feelings have led to so many questions "Am I gonna be sick? I wasn't feeling bad 2hours ago, I was hungry" " Do I have fp* ??? ".
    I hate being s* obviously, but I also hate not knowing what's happening. I'm not in control, I don't know what to think or do ... I have to wake up at 7 for work and I have the feeling I'm not going to fall asleep anytime soon ...

Please, I need help ...

Default Re: Huge panic attack, need some support :(

I get this too! And I am 100% certain it is anxiety because what you have just described is exactly what I experience when I have anxiety.
    When you start getting nervous and thinking you'll get ill, you panic.. Typical signes of panic is feeling out of control, the n* gets so much worse, your heart beats faster, fe shaky etc..
    I know this is anxiety because in the past I'd feel like this so badly then take an antiemetic pill (which I believed at the time would work within 2 minutes of taking it - when actually it takes 30 minutes to work!) ..and magically within 2 minutes I'd feel 100% better.. But when I learned later on that the pill took half an hour to work I was able to look back and see that I was only ill due to anxiety.. I'm not explaining this very well, but I hope u know what I mean!!
    Right now you need to tell yourself that you only feel this way due to anxiety, that you are healthy and well (repeat this to yourself now - over and over!) visualise feeling better.
    X

Thank you for you reply ! I eventually felt asleep around 2pm. I'm better now, no more n* . You're probably right, it was anxiety. I felt anxious BEFORE being n* so ... It was so horrible I was sure I was going to v* .
    Don't worry you explained it very well !
    Thank you for taking the time to reply. I hope I won't get that anxious again anytime soon.
    x

I have just realized I wrote " felt " instead of " fell " !

I frequently have the exact same thing! I know it's just anxiety but DANG it is not pleasant. I have found something that helps me though: sitting (cross legged is best but not essential) and laying your hands on your lower thighs/knees, palms up, and breathing. I know at times like that doing breathing exercises can just make you feel worse but do what you can and gradually work your way up. For some reason, the hands on knees palms up thing is SUPER relaxing and it feels kind of like the anxiety is dissipating from your palms :P

I hope I won't experience the same thing again anytime soon but if I do, I'm gonna try it ! Thank you very much, little trick like that can make a huge difference when you're feeling anxious !
    Thanks again !

That is 100% a panic attack