Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

[img]smileys/smilies_16.gif[/img]hello, i am 28 and have coped with Emetophobia since i was 15, trouble is i have got to the point where i would rather die than be ****. Funnily enough though i can cope with my kids when they are ill, but still have to enlist the help of mum clearing it! i panic just by talking about being ill, also if i analyse every single situation as to why someone mght of been throwing up. I actually carry my anti s***ness pills every where with me. But this has now taken over my life as, i am due to have numerous operations and i hate being put to sleep and obviously when you panic, you feel worse!! i am glad though, that i am not the only person out there that feels the way i do. The only thing that scares me is that if i ever had to have chemo or something, as it makes you ill, i wouldnt have it and would personally rather die! I CAN'T cope with this anymore.....

Charmed1- welcome! You sound just like about everyone here. Now, girl, why are you worried about chemo! Are you ill? I am not trying to be unsympatheticat all here, but there is no need for you to worry about that right now. The reason I say this is that I used to worry about the same thing... I know we all feel like this. What seems to have helped me grow with this phobia is that I really should not worry about stuff like that until the sooner the moment arrives. Also, apperently they put anti- nausea medicine in chemo now so that the patients dont get sick! YAY! Welcome again!

Erika
    instant messenger-aggiecrafts

Everything happens for a reason

Welcome charmed. This is a great site, I think you will find comfort in the fact that all of us are going through what you are going through. Feel free to vent to us anytime you need to.
    <a href=\"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    src=\"http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10731;130/st/2 0070423/e/My+Caribbean+Cruise/k/3909/event.png\"></a&gt ; ; ;

aw thanks guys, i am not ill in the way of terminal i just trying to get across how severe i think i have this bloody phobia THAT IS RUINING MY LIFE!!! im crying!!

Hi Charmed. We all feel the same way you do, that's why we are here. It feels good to talk about things and to be reassured your not weird, as most think our thinking is. I know exactly how you feel. I, too, am a mom and I' am suprised that I can handle my son's v* the way I do. Before I had him I thought I would normally just dig a hole and hide in it until he was better but I have actually even held him when he v* which suproses the hell out of me. Guess it's just the motherly instinct kicking in. Other than that I can not be around who is sick. I get soo afraid when I hear people are sick and tend to stay away from everything. I' am to the point where all my thoughts are consumed with this phobia. I can honestly say I feel as though it is ruining my life. I always ask myself that question to of what it would be like if I had to have chemo. I do not know how I could possibly handle it knowing how ill it makes people. I probably would not take it. Thats horrible but true.

Anyways, I' am glad ou found this board as I' am glad I did. It has helped me a lot in understanding how others emets are and reassures me I' am not alone. Take care and I hope to talk to you again:O)
    Whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus.- Colossians 3:17