Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Just in clinic with sick kid??

This morning I had d* and was really tired, so I stayed home for a little while then went to school, feeling almost 100% better. As time went on I started feeling worse and worse, now I have a headache and a kind of sinusey pain as well, plus I feel really tired/faint, lightheaded, etc. After a few hours of this I decided to go to the clinic and see if something could be done but when I got there, there was a kid that was speaking to him mom on the phone is rapid Spanish, so I didn't understand. I went in and talked to the clinic lady and she told me to have a seat and wait a moment, so Idid. When the guy got off the phone (he's in my grade), she asked if his mom was coming to get him. He said yes, she understood how bad he felt. Then the clinic lady said (and at this point I got scared) "Yeah, when you get sick, you really shouldn't go to school" To which the guy happily (with a huge smile and everything) responded "Yeah I t*u* two times, it was horrible!" I then said I'd rather just to back to class and come back it it got worse, but I was in there for about 5 minutes and touched the door handle twice, which he touched as well. I can't wash my hands and touched my computer, backpack, and coat and maybe my face/hair after touching the door handle.

What on earth do I do??? At the moment I'm not scared but the next 8-48 hours will be torture.
    Call me Koi or Koiz
    I use my phone for this site 65% of the time so if I do not respond on chat, I am not ignoring you!!!

Default Re: Just in clinic with sick kid??

Hi, I had this similar problem this week when I went into the doctors where a woman was v*.. I took good measures (ie, used sleeve on door handle etc).. But even when I got home I scrubbed my hands, wiped my phone down with cleaner and basically everything I had touched.. You could do the same? Wipe down everything u touched, wash your hands well when u are able to (and don't touch your face before u get a chance to wash them - but I'm sure u already know that) ..my bad experience was 5 days ago now and I didn't get ill.. I'm sure u won't either but I just wanted to say I know how u are feeling right now. Stay strong, I'm here for u x
    Let us know how u are doing

well, so long as your hands weren't in your mouth, you shouldn't get a s*v*. he didn't v* while you were there, so as long as you're not sticking your fingers in your mouth, you should be fine. it seems as though whatever you have is most likely some unrelated illness, and if you let yourself stress too much, you'll just end up making yourself feel worse and worse, from my experiences. >.>
    just make sure you wash your hands as soon as you can! touching your face and hair after the door handle should most likely have been alright, as the virus is most often gotten by putting anything with the germs on it in your mouth.
    try using disinfectant wipes on your computer/keyboard. as far as i know, though, germs don't stay on surfaces FOREVER. (correct me if i'm wrong, though...) just try to breathe, take it easy, and remind yourself that you're gonna be alright.
    "Ask her what she craved, and she'd get a little frantic about things like books, the woods, music. Plants and the seasons. Also freedom." -Charles Frazier

I'm sure he washed his hands after being ill. Regardless though, you can't catch anything unless you put your hands into your mouth. Period. You're going to be ok!

I reckon his hands woulda been germ-free tbh, he wouldn't have t* u* in his hands but I can see your worry!

Please don't waste the next three days worrying, instead tell yourself it's impossible to get then even if you do (which you won't) you won't have the added bonus of anxiety...

You'll be fine, I think the clinic lady has more chance of catching it!

Any update?

I've been in those situations before myself. *hugs*

Did he seem sick? Honestly, the fact that you said he got sick and had a huge smile on his face makes it seems like he was lying because he wanted to go home. It's certainly possible that he was sick and it just didn't phase him but I have had several experiences where someone said that they v*d, but it was just an excuse to go home. For someone with emet, like myself, I would never say that if it wasn't true but plenty of people do!