Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hello everyone, I've been reading a lot of posts about sv's all over the US, is this normal for this time of year?, or does it seem excessive to you guys? Just panicking a little here, as usualIt seems like everyone here either knows someone, or a family memeber has it. I just hope it's not that bad of a virus and everyone is well for the holidays, take care all.
    ~Sheri~

it seems like it is going on everywhere. My parents had it up in WI and I am down on the other side of the country where everyone has it in NM. I just want to know how long this sv season usually lasts???

But to answer you question, it seems extremely excessive this year to me too. The other thing about it, at least down here is that mostly children have it. There are only about 6 adults that I know have had it. All of the children seem to be sick though and a lot sicker than the adults.

Of course it sounds excessive![img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Still haven't heard of anyone having it up here in good ol' Idaho. I'm convinced you guys need to move to the Pacific Northwest, or anywhere on the west coast really. Seems a wee bit healthier over here.
    \"Napoleon, you\'re just jealous because I\'ve been talking to babes online all day.\" ~ Kip

MJEWELL:

"Napoleon, you're just jealous because I've been talking to babes online all day." ~ Kip

Love it!!!!!!!!!!
    ~*~Charlene~*~

I know that as EMETS we always think that it is worse than usual and I must admit that it seems like it is everywhere. My friend lives in San Diego and she and her whole family have V*d all weekend and now she is till V*ing and they all have D*. My husband and son are heading that way this week, not to see them, but I now have this fear that it is worse out there and they will not get home healthy!!! WOW, I am really going nuts over this, but I hate thinking about this SV thing and it probably is no worse than any other year, but we keep focusing on it.
    TRY to live each day like it were your last

There's a horrible bug going about in the UK too! It's not just the kids who are suffering from it! It's like really icy weather at the moment but I have got allmy windows open so if anyone comes in the house i'm not cooped up with the bug if they are harbouring it!! I also wash everything with anti bac wipes just incase... including my hands! You can't be too careful with mucky schoolchildren around... [img]smileys/smilies_25.gif[/img]

It also seems to me like the sv started much earlier than usually this year and it's all over the place! I am freaking out . . . I hate this time of year! I really do, and I wish that I could stop obsessing over this....especially since I'm pregnant and this stress is not good for me or for my baby. The worst part about it is that the last time I was pregnant I felt n* the entire time and my stomach was always upset - this time is not different and I'm so afraid that if I get the stomach flu I won't know the difference until I start v*. Oh I hate this - I'm really getting quite panicky. Is everyone else freaking out this year? SV season is November - April so I've read and we're only in December. [img]smileys/smilies_16.gif[/img]

I guess I should get packin'!

I'ma going to Idaho!

I am freaking out a bit. Two years ago, was mild. No one around here (Baltimore) had it in December. In fact, all winter was nothing but nasty colds and coughs. We had only two weeks in February of sv's. It came and went so quickly. Then we had two weeks, last week of April and first week in May and that was it.

Last year was horrible and I mean HORRIBLE. It began last October and did not let up until April. Every day, someone I came in contact with either had it, had a kid with it or knew someone with it. My children went to the same school last year, and the week before winter break (the same week as this year for my daughter's school) there was a four day week. No one was sick on a Monday, Tuesday had ten kids out, Wednesday there was a 20% absent rate with 75 kids going home v***. My daughters class of 18 had over half out that day with two kids v*** in class. I kept my kids home on Thursday. I found out only 110 kids came to school and 35 of them went home v***. Fortunately school was out that Friday. I am scared to death that we are going to have a repeat performance this year as I am hearing of kids dropping one after another from it.

I think this virus becomes more robust every year.

Stella

Yeah, well I guess it's here in Hawaii now, much earlier than i've ever heard of!! A coworker of mine said his kids were both throwing up last night , the first one he's 9, started, and than about 45 min. later the other one, she's 7, followed. Does it sound like an sv? I mean usually with 2 kids,one gets it and than a few days later the other one does, anyone have both kids get sick at the same time? I have 2 kids and my worst fear is constanlty on my mind now, especially hearing about my coworkers kids!! OMG!! I'm so f**ing scared, I know sooner or later one of my kids will get sick and than I have to play the "waiting game" for the other one!! I really can relate to Pookey, I wish I didn't have any kids, I love my babies with all my heart, they are my life, but I would be so much more relaxed if I didn't have them. It's a no win situation, welll at least I have my hubby to deal with them if they get sick, but than that doesn't stop the worrying about who's gonna get sick next. My heart has been racing all day and night, it's horrible!! My life really sucks right now[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]
    ~Sheri~

and i'd also like to add, that my kid's aren't even sick and i'm panicking with worry and anxiety like they are, just hearing about others being sick. so it's like when do I not worry? NEVER!!!
    ~Sheri~

I think that everyone here is on high stress alert right now. The sv going aroung like this is the worst thing for an emet to deal with. Its like having your fear put right in your face!! I just talked to yet another client on the phone who had it all night last night. Sherri-Baby, I am with you with the anxiety and panic and I don't even have kids. This has been going around like crazy for 2 weeks now and I am losing it!! I guess that now I am soooo tired of stressing that I have just figured that if I get it, I get it and there is nothing that I can do, so why stess about it until it happens. I have been eating really small meals in constant fear though!!

Quote Originally Posted by liriodendron
    I guess I should get packin'!
    I'ma going to Idaho!

LOL
    \"Napoleon, you\'re just jealous because I\'ve been talking to babes online all day.\" ~ Kip

At my work in the UK two of the people sat opposite me have been off all week with the sv* virus, one of them is always sick, it's teh second time he's had the virus in a few months... Now I get home tonight and my fella has a bad cold and stomach upset... I feel headachy and just tired... I think I am working myself up thinking that it is inevitable that I will get it. This really is ridiculous, I can't wait for Sprin g time when all this horrid illnesses seem to go away.

In our area this is a typical time for sv's to be going around. Especially around Christmas. Then we have another outbreak starting in February![img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

I don't know about you guys but I haven't heard ANYTHING about sv's in a long time. Not from the people in my computer classes and not from my parents. Although even if my parents DID know about a sv going around they probably wouldn't talk about it because, A) they don't really CARE cause they like NEVER get sick, and B) because they know it would bother me. I haven't had a sv in years and I don't think I'll be getting one any times soon *knock on wood*

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

Great attitude Monica, Keep it up!!
    ~Sheri~

madisonsmom,

We live in Baltimore. As long as I can remember, sv's always started right before x-mas and peaked around the holidays. They would taper off pretty quickly after New Year's. Then around mid-February (right before Valentine's Day) until the second week of March it is really horrible.

Stella

It was really bad inmy area (Pennsyvlania) about a month ago but now it seems to have cooled off.

Just when I began to think that this damn sv tappered off in our area after a bad outbreak about a month ago (including my daughter) - then my mother n law just got it yesterday. Not too bad though, she just had d* which I can handle as long as I know I'm not going to v* which is nearly impossible to know for sure and it makes me crazy worrying anyway.

PS - CENTIPEDE - I saw somewhere else that you are in the travel industry and you live in PA, me too! Where are you and are you a travel agent? I work at AAA!

Stella:

I notice that things seem to taper off after New Years. My theory is that since kids are out of school for the end of December, they are away from each other and are not spreading germs (plus when they are at home, it must be easier for parents to oversee hand washing of their children as opposed to a teacher making sure 20+ kids are being sanitary).

It seems to be bad right now here in the South!

where i'm at in california, it seems everyone had the flu, but not the sf/sv. alot of people i know have had the flu really really bad, but none of them have v*ed or d*. hey, wouldn't that be awsome if there were one place in the world that the sv/sf didn't exist! i would move there in half a heartbeat! ahhh, that would be great! (i can only dream)