Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Today is my friend's sixteenth birthday, and today i get to the bus stop and she isn't there! So i asked one of my friends where she was, and they says that she is sick.

This worries me, because yesterday i spent most of the day with her and she was just fine! no cold, no nothing. I'm afraid that she's v*ing! i'm also afraid that i'm likely to get it, because yesterday we were sharing a chair and then we were playing twister and so of course we were very near each other! like, breathing on each other! and i wasn't worried too much about washing my hands just then because i wasn't thinking about emet (for once!) is it true that its only contagious after the symptoms appear?

I'm just so worried! help!

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

It could just be that your friend decided to take the day off in honor of her birthday. I remember I took the day off from school and called in sick on my 16th birthday because I wanted to get my learner's permit. Have you spoken with her? Is she really sick? If she v*, you should be fine, the person isn't contagious until AFTER the symptoms start. It also could be something she ate that didn't agree with her. Before going into a full panick, find out from her if she really is in fact sick.
    <a href=\"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    src=\"http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10731;130/st/2 0070423/e/My+Caribbean+Cruise/k/3909/event.png\"></a&gt ; ; ;

thanks for replying babygap! I took your advice and called her.

It turns out that she did not v*...which eased my worries for about ten seconds! Sunday night (the night of the day that i was with her) she started to feel really sick when she went to bed, felt sooo nauseous all night until 2:30 when she finally fell asleep, woke up for school the next morning and still felt really sick and looked really pale. she slept almost all day and then woke up feeling a lot better, but she was nauseous most of the day. Her little brother also has a flu/sv thing!! She came to school today and ate a bagel and a salad and said she felt fine, and she felt even better after she drank water, but my stomach hurts right now and i'm just so sure that i'm going to get what she had anyways!!! Argh i really have to stop hanging around with her so much even if she is one of my best friends...her whole family is completely cursed, every winter they all get at least one stomach bug all at the same time, although two yearsago they thought that it was food poisoning because it lasted for almost a month.

I'm just really freaked right now! sorry for the speech and all.

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by spilled_milk

and i wasn't worried too much
    about washing my hands just then because i wasn't thinking about emet
    (for once!) is it true that its only contagious after the symptoms
    appear?</font>

And you shouldn't be worried about hand washing! So that's great news. It
    should just be an automatic thing to do after you use the restroom and
    before you eat and preferably before you touch your face, blow your
    nose, rub your eyes etc.

As for it being contagious, try not to think of it like catching a cold
    where airborne droplets from a sneeze can do you in. Instead think
    about it this way. Harmful germs that are all around can cause an
    illness leading to V* or D*. In sufficient amounts, those germs can
    make a person sick. Some of the viruses don't take a large quantity,
    therein lies the problem. You just want to keep those germs from
    getting swallowed. So that's why health professionals keep saying to
    wash hands before you eat and handle food. A lot of people that aren't
    like us don't think about proper hygiene and keeping things clean, thus
    they are easy targets.

Like I just said in another post, a sick kid or a sick friend may as
    well be a pile of dog poop that you just stepped in. You can get some
    on you but you wash it off and get on with your day. You don't think
    about catching anything from the poop, but it may as well be just as
    sickening as an ill person. Ya dig?

Edited by: liriodendron

I look at it this way.....if your friend did not V* and she is not an EMET, chances are, you won't V* either even if you do get it.
    TRY to live each day like it were your last