Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Exclamation Sick Daughter (A little graphic)

I'm not sure what it is i'm looking for here. I'm just so overwhelmed with anxiety right now. My daughter woke up at 6 am p*. I cleaned her up, gave her a bucket, told her to do it in there if she has to. I gave her some water and that was fine. She insisted on milk so after a little while i gave her a piece of bread. She ate a few bites of that and just watched tv. About an hour after she p* i gave her some milk and she was fine. Then at about 8 she p* again. I know now that it is probably the sv even though she's not complaining about tummy cramps ( i was hoping it was just food not agreeing with her). I have been wearing gloves around the house since the moment she woke me up, she has not been let out of her room and i have her dirty stuff in a garbage bag by the washer/dryer. She is four and this is her first time with the sv. Anyone have an estimate of how long they puke for? Does it vary a whole lot? I just want to cry. I feel terrible for her because she is miserable and i can't be a more supporting mother for her right now.

Default Re: Sick Daughter (A little graphic)

I'm not a mother but can imagine how bad it is seeing as being in the same HOUSE as someone with sv is bad enough let alone being the sole carer, I'm so sorry.

From what I remember as a kid, the v* lasts for around 5-6 hours on and off then its just sleep for a day and boom - back to normal!!!!!

We are here to listen if you're struggling

I'm sorry your little girl is sick!!
    It's probably best if you try to keep her away from solid food and milk (especially the milk) for a day or so..and then slowly reintroduce a BRAT diet. Unfortunately even though she probably feels better after vomiting and is a bit hungry both of these can be pretty irritating to an upset stomach. Pedialyte is a pretty good option for keeping her hydrated in the meantime (possibly even better than water because it has glucose and electrolytes that help the water get into her system) some pediatricians I have shadowed recommend diluting it a bit though (def ask you doc for specifics).

The length of time she'll be sick varies on what she has (not everything is rota and noro) but average is often no more than a day particularly if you are careful about what she eats for the next few days.

You sound like a fantastic mom btw... this may be a nerve wracking experience but it seems like you are handling it very, very well!!!!
    Hopefully everyone is better soon!
    ~M

Yes, the quicker you reintroduce the dairy the longer the symptoms may drag. Typically doctors advise your waiting 48 hours after they last v* to introduce milk again. I know it's hard when they want it but their systems are SO delicate at that age, it really is wise to wait. It may take a few days for her to be totally back to normal so the best thing you can do it take it EASY! Straight water is also tough on the belly so watered down gatorade or pedialyte might be better. Crackers, toast, dry cereal, yogurt then simple things like chicken, noodles, rice, etc. are the way to go! Hang in there mama! If she went 4 years without catching a bug you've got yourself a keeper!

You guys make me feel fantastic. No more v* after the 2nd occurrence. She ate a yogurt around 5 and just had some chicken noodle soup. SO much more energy now. Thank you guys!

Its definitely still possible it may have been some food disagreeing with her. If you were giving her milk after she got sick, it could have just been the milk making a bad situation worse. Definitely take the same precautions you would as if it was something contagious, since you dont know for sure! Glad she's feeling better though!

Ah, as soon as I read your post I saw the word "milk" and knew it wouldn't be good. Try to limit dairy for a day or so after vomiting. I know it's hard turning them down when they want something and feel so bad. Glad she is feeling better!