Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

FIRST PART IS GRAPHIC

A little girl in my son'sclass threw up today--all over the carpeted classroom and my son was standing right next to her. He said some even got on his hand!The teacherhad to put that kitty litter stuff on to absorb it and fortunately she also sprayed lysol all over the desks (my kind of lady lol).

NOT GRAPHIC ANYMORE

He said he washed his hands in the classroom sink (which had soap) three times bless his heart--and used purell--but then later on after lunch he went to the bathroom and there was no soap! I asked him if this happens a lot and he said yes. Fortunately before he eats lunch the teacher has everyone wash their hands in the classroom and there is always soap there.

So my question--I called the school to complain about there being no soap. Was I being b*$chy? The janitors at our school also are contracted by our churchand they do the same thingthere--they always forget to put soap in the basement bathroom which is the one right by the Sunday School classrooms.

And, of course, now my stinkin' thinkin' comes in and I've resigned myself to thefact thatmy son will catch this, oh, probably tomorrow night and the rest of us will catch it from him just in time for Christmas. For some reason, every time the sv* has gone through our family, it takes five days from the first personcoming down with it until therest of us fall like dominoes. I made my son change his clothes, but really, what'sthe point? I almost wishI found somebody withit a couple of weeks ago so we could all catch it and get over it before Christmasso our immunity is built up toward whatever the strain is that's going around.
    <font color=BLUE>~Paula~</font>

I don't think you were being b*tchy at all, soap should be in every bathroom. As for your son catching anything, the fact that he washed his hands and the teacher lysol'd everything, the odds are in his favor that he will miss this one. Hopefully the parent will keep the child out of school for the next several days until she isn't contagious anymore.
    &lt;a href=\"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    src=\"http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10731;130/st/2 0070423/e/My+Caribbean+Cruise/k/3909/event.png\"&gt;&lt;/a&gt ; ; ;

Oh my!! I would be panicing at this [point, too. Your poor son, did this bother him? I say as for the fact that you complained about no soap in the bathroom--that is NOT bitchy at all. I would do exactly the same thing. This shpuld be standard, I mean, hello! People go to the bathroom, especially kids, and get stuff on their hands! They can't even wash their hands with soap?? That's gross. No wonder the SV goes around schools so quickly! Hopefully though, you and your family will get past this and remain healthy for the holidays. I wish you the best and will keep my fingers crossed for all of you[img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Thanks, I just worry a lot about "acting" normal. I don't really want everyone knowing about mebeing emet, like they won't take me seriously for things like this, that it's just my phobia coming out. Like this morning, I went as a chaperone with my daughter's class to the hospital Christmas caroling. After they gave a nice tour of the hospital, the kids sang, watched a video (the kids touching everything in sight), they gave them a snack and nobody thought to have the kids wash their hands! My daughter hadn't touched anything (she knows better lol) and when I suggested they hit the bathrooms really quick, nobody thought it was necessary so I let it go. I served the kids their cookies, used a napkin to hand it to each of them, and told my daughter to eat hers holding onto it with her napkin. This is why I try to go on every field trip to at least keep track of my kids lol.
    <font color=BLUE>~Paula~</font>

MOMMYof3 ---

You sound like a great Mom!!!!!
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Wow your son is well trained, washing his hands and everything. Thats so sweet.
    I sympathise with the problem as well, they never have soap at the bathrooms in my school, I don't generally use the school toilets but we're 15, it's like the place to hang out
    Judge me all you want, but keep the verdict to yourself

Maybe an easy (and even better) solution is to send your child to
    school with his or her own bottle of soap anyway. The soap they put in
    public restrooms usually isn't very good soap or antibacterial. And
    germs like wet places like soap dispenser nozzles anyway. Get a little
    bottle of dial soap to give to your child. Problem solved.

As for the graphic part, I can imagine the worry. But remember it will
    make you stronger if you don't get sick from it. I know it sounds like
    an unlikely scenario but it could be any number of things with little
    kids. Anything sets them off. You hear the term SV a lot but people are
    retarded and live like pigs and eat anything. Try to relax. Let us know
    how it goes as time goes on.

mommyof3,

You sound exactly like me. I have the reputation of "Purell Lady" at both of kids' schools. The sv is going around my daughter's school. My son's school let out last week for winter break and they don't go back until 1/3. sv's go around here like crazy the week before and the week after christmas. I wish my daughter's school got out last week like my son's. So many kids at her school have the sv now and the are dropping one after another. Ugh.

I have b***hed in the past and, quite frankly, don't care. I know what you mean about the nursing home and the touching thing. I've been on those trips a gazillion times and am totally grossed out. I am even more shocked how no one is into hand washing. Any wonder Norwalk breaks out in these places.

Its the wait game now. That's all you can do. I feel like that is my major game from November until April. I hear whose sick and do the count down.

Stella

You're kids are very cute!! My kid's tell me there's no soap in their bathrooms too, it's unbelievable!! They know that i'm a complete freak when it comes to keeping hands clean, but I know they don't even bother in school, sucks big time! Good for you, it's too bad parents have to tell them someting that's should just be common sense, it's ridiculous!! I know this is hardto think but kids do throw up from other things as well, and they have weaker stomachs than others too, I know how you feel about the waiting game, I have only 2, and you have 3, you are a strong woman to deal with them when they are sick!! I hope your family stays well this holiday season!! Give your son a high 5 for me for washing his hands 3 times, that's so cute, he should be proud of himself, good job Mom!
    ~Sheri~