Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default This is exhausting

I'm getting really sick of feeling like this, but here is goes.

My daughter v* one time in Tuesday night. She has been fine since, but I have been a wreck.

I have been eating very little since and have IBS, which tends to get wonky when my eating habits get weird. I felt a little n* this morning, then my stomach was rumbling, then proceeded to have a lot of watery d*. Not to get too graphic, but usually my IBS d* is more loose than not watery.

Am I sick or just worried?

So tired of this battle in my brain and stomach 😞

Default Re: This is exhausting

You're definitely worried, don't worry! Haha...sometimes anxiety is a saver cos were so used to it.... I was hungry for so long all afternoon but had to save it cos my boyfriend took me out for dinner and as SOON as I got in, I was relaxed but the hunger vanished and I scanned everyone and the atmosphere and couldn't finish my meal cos of the anxiety...

Anyway!! Back to you, you kinda answered your own question - once your eatings gone a bit dodgy, your tummy kicks off..same for me tbh and we both know we do it so I think it's a case of you remembering
    'If you get sv*, its gonna happen whether you eat or not.." Buttt I know its soo hard and off putting when we see sick people.

How's your daughter?

Ug!!! Me too!! Ibs with loose, but not watery. Also had a bug go through our house this past week. Two of us. I've been a mess since! I had watery d on Monday, but definitely no v. I'd like to think I had whatever it was, but it could've also been ibs. Isn't it so fun to have stomach issues with stomach fears? Smack my head!!! Keep hydrated and breathe. Relaxing would be good, but seems impossible. How are you now?

Thanks to you both! I definitely think it was my eating habits. I've been fine since, just feeling hungry and dehydrated. No really have not been consuming much for the past few days.

It's definitely tough having this phobia and presenting physical symptoms in my stomach.

My daughter was completely fine the next morning, thanks goodness!

Glad your are all feeling better!! I find it helpful to keep some Ginger Ale in the house at all times. It helps to sip it when feeling a bit off - even just due to anxiety or bad eating habits (been there!). Plus it is caffeine-free to it is hydrating as well.

if you haven't v i really don't think you will, it would of happened by now! the worst of it is over, i hope you can get back to normal soon sounds really hard

Both my kids have watery d* today. I have changed my son's diaper 5 times in the past two hours and my daughter has been in the bathroom all morning. I feel like I'm living in a house of horrors. Do you think either of them will v*? Usually that comes first, but I don't know what the heck they have 😞. I'm just so overwhelmed and tired these past few weeks. I hate this time of year. I wish I could enjoy the holidays but it feels impossible.

How's things iluvijb?