Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Panic I feel so sick

Hey guys I've browsed this site before for years but don't think I ever made an account it posted. This morning I'm in serious need though. I've got a cold, it's 8:30 am and I only slept one hour last night and have been up panicking this whole time. I've had emetophobia ever since I remember (4 years old) and have been in therapy on and off my whole life. Everyone in real life has always thought I was crazy for it...
    I won't ramble though

So this cold, I can't breathe, feel so so nauseous and idk if it's drainage or I also have food poisoning or stomach bug or what. But I've been hyperventilating for a while now, dizzy, panic attack, numb tingly arms. I'm sure you're all familiar with it. I have to work today so I need to feel better and sleep ASAP. I don't have my usual remedies all I can do is sip water and sit on my bed freaking out.

Default Re: Panic I feel so sick

I'm sorry you're feeling rough! I only just saw this!

How are you now?

I think not sleeping combined with a bad cold is your answer! Honestly try giving yourself two days to recover and please try and eat. Keep up the hydration and maybe try crackers? I had a sickly tummy last night and didn't wanna risk going to class and it start up again this morning so had a cracker and it set my stomach off onto a very good day... Take it easy. I hope you feel better. Can't you take an aspirin/paracetamol?

Default Re: Panic I feel so sick

Quote Originally Posted by thecheesecake17 View Post
    I'm sorry you're feeling rough! I only just saw this!

How are you now?

I think not sleeping combined with a bad cold is your answer! Honestly try giving yourself two days to recover and please try and eat. Keep up the hydration and maybe try crackers? I had a sickly tummy last night and didn't wanna risk going to class and it start up again this morning so had a cracker and it set my stomach off onto a very good day... Take it easy. I hope you feel better. Can't you take an aspirin/paracetamol?
    Thanks so much for answering. I'm still feeling bad but not as bad. I haven't eaten in 24 hours because I'm way too scared that if I eat I'll throw up. I've had problems my whole life where when I feel sick I won't eat anything and I know it makes it worse but the thought of the food making me sick scares me so much I'll just go on a hunger strike. I need to force myself to eat but just the thought of it makes me feel like I'm gonna v* and it makes me panic. Thank you very much. I can't because when I'm this anxious I can't swallow pills my throat tightens up. I need to take my anxiety meds to help me calm down and eat but I can't swallow them at all! I wish they made shots for people like me! I would gladly give myself an IV over swallowing anything.