Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default HELP!! Someone had the sv, and is in my house

Ok, so here's my problem: My Sister is having a party with some friends, and I'm in my room atm. I heard that one of her friends had had the sv, but she hasn't v* since wednesday. Is there a chance that she still is contagious? Freakin out right now!!! Planing to wash every corner of the house as soon as they leave. Any thoughts??

Default Re: HELP!! Someone had the sv, and is in my house

Honestly I wouldn't worry. I know some will tell you to wipe down the entire house after she leaves just in case the virus is shedding but I don't think that's necessary. I think that would be playing into the phobia and reinforcing. Your fear. People are back to their normal lives usually hours after their symptoms stop. People have almost certainly been in your house days after a bug, the people you see out in the community could have just gotten over something, etc. It happens all the time and we don't even realize but yet we still don't get sick. Try to just remember that. I don't think you're any more at risk in your own home right now then you are out in public on any given day. It's just emetophobia making you think that way

I would clean the bathroom she uses, but other than that I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Afdpt View Post
    Honestly I wouldn't worry. I know some will tell you to wipe down the entire house after she leaves just in case the virus is shedding but I don't think that's necessary. I think that would be playing into the phobia and reinforcing. Your fear. People are back to their normal lives usually hours after their symptoms stop. People have almost certainly been in your house days after a bug, the people you see out in the community could have just gotten over something, etc. It happens all the time and we don't even realize but yet we still don't get sick. Try to just remember that. I don't think you're any more at risk in your own home right now then you are out in public on any given day. It's just emetophobia making you think that way
    This is such a true statement and its making me freak out but relax at the same time! I go out to town soooo much! I'd say everyday of this year as I hate being inside for hours....and have been into so many crammed shops for the past months ready for Christmas!!! Oh dear.......

I assume your sisters mate will have showered ALOT as not to feel gross after...its Sunday now and even if it was Thursday I'm sure you'd be fine (: