Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: HOW MANY TIMES A DAY DO U THINK ABOUT IT?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • NEVER (GOD BLESS YOU)

0 0%
  • ONCE EVERY COUPLE DAYS

0 0%
  • ONCE A DAY

7 11.11%
  • LESS THAN 10 TIMES A DAY

8 12.70%
  • LESS THAN 25 TIMES A DAY

11 17.46%
  • 50 TIMES OR MORE A DAY

7 11.11%
  • CONSTANTLY

30 47.62%

JUST CURIOUS.

FOR ME ITS JUST ABOUT CONSTANT.

One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching.

Same here, but I do think if I didn't have kids it would only be if I knew about sv's going around or someone I new was sick. Ironic you have this poll, I was just thiinking how sick and tired I am of this constanat worry.
    ~Sheri~

yea me too as you can tell from my other post.

DEATH TO EMETOPHOBIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching.

What are we so worried about??? No one likes to be sick, but why would we rather die than be nauseaus and throwup?? Why us?
    ~Sheri~

Before Prozac...constantly. After Prozac...less than 25 times per day. Right now I am very thankful for SSRIs.
    Ultimately we know deeply that the other side of every fear is a freedom. - Marilyn Ferguson

Habituation always defeats fear. - Edmund Bourne

Hi Kel, what are ssri's, anti-depressants?
    ~Sheri~

I can't count how many times i've heard"You're not really sick" and "well, just stop thinking about it then." THat would be great, but if it was that simple, I would've of course done it allready.[img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img] . `laugh`laugh

Thanks, Jilli

It would be so much easier to answer this poll if I were afraid of flying! It's not like i'm gonna sprout wings and fly off into the sunset!!!! BUT... i might get sick and that is f*ing constantly on my mind. Great poll, becky!
    instant messenger-aggiecrafts

Everything happens for a reason

CONSTANTLY, for me too.

It used to be constant for me know it's less than 10 times a day, except for when someone around me is sick...

a few yrs bk i used 2 b all the time, but now i only worry about it wen i no one of my friends or familly whoi wil be in contact with has had sumthing, ova wise i am pretty gd and put it to the back of my mind and only worry about it wen it comes along [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

but tht took along time to get to tht stage

Generally, I only worry about it when getting on public transportation, if I see it while walking, or my boyfriend says he doesn't feel well (which isnt very often- he has the strongest immune system ever).

It's only really anxiety-inducing if I am stuck somewhere like a bus, train, or airplane, and there is really no where to escape if someone is sick. I'm starting to get anxious about my flight to Tasmania in feb - I'm hoping to get the window seat and use my friend as a human barracade to the outside world.

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I've gone through periods of constant and some of very little. V*ing 3 years
    ago seems to have triggered it back up, along with getting divorced,
    becoming a single mom, and a mid-life crisis. I can only assume it will get
    better and worse.

EMDR and therapy have helped. So has medication, Prozac.

I said 50 times a day since that seems pretty constant, but, I do get a break from constant since I have somuch to do. I think about it a lot more now since I have a child, but also, it seems there is a lot more SV stuff out there than used to be.
    TRY to live each day like it were your last

Constantly only when people have the sv around me. Usually it is fairly controllable at maybe 5 times per day...something like that. When the sv is going around, forget it!!!! I can't get my mind on anything else it seems!!

I really agree with a lot of the others...the SSRI's for me Paxil CR really really helped the obsessive thinking. While I was taking paxil, I was able to focus on my life and rarely thought about it...and when I did, it was really no big deal to me. I am trying to learn how to cope on my own, but I may go back on the paxil because it helped sooooo much!! Whatever is unbalanced in our minds to make us think and obsess, the SSRI's really help balance your thinking. One caution: Be prepared to have a non-existant sex drive and really flat emotions all of the time. At the time though, the help that Paxil gave me was worth the side-effect (don't worry, they will not cause v*) I would highly reccomend them to anyone that is having a difficult time functioning on a regular basis. They really will help, but you may have to wait about 6 weeks for them to show full-effect.

HI again,

I agree to that paxil helped me sooo much with the constant worrying and anxiety, BUT the only time I've ever v* ed (besides when I was real young) was a few days after I started paxil. But, the meds made me feel sooo awful at first anyways, that I hardly remembered it after it happened. After like 2 -3 weeks , I felt a lot better in general.

Jill

I have said constantly, but before I had children it would have been slightly less. My 2 year old does not yet speak clearly so if he is quiet or miserable I automatically assume he is going to v.

I appalogize for misleading...Jill stated that paxil made her v* the first night that she took it. I never had that experience, but I don't want to tell anyone that there is NO chance that they may v*. On the bright side though, both Jill and I had positive experiences with Paxil helping us.

I said constantly cause I think about it on and off through out the day, but I know I think about it more then 50 times a day. I'm thinking about it right now actually.

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

I was on Paxil previously and had no n* or v* from it. N* and v* can be a side effect, though. I was mostly just tired. When starting Prozac, I had no n* or v*, I was a little more tired than usual, and I had a headache for about a week, but I'm not sure if that was allergies or Prozac.
    Ultimately we know deeply that the other side of every fear is a freedom. - Marilyn Ferguson

Habituation always defeats fear. - Edmund Bourne

I guess for me it depends on the day. Yay for Paxil, b/c before it filled my life. Sometimes less than 10 times a day, but I would say for the majoritiy of the time it's 25 days a day!

Crystal
    That, which does not kill us, makes us stronger!

It rules my life... I can't stand it!

I dont think about it constantly, unless someone I know is sick, or my children are sick or have been exposed. Most days I do pretty well, but the days that I dont do so well really bite!!!!

Have you noticed that no one has answered the ones up top?? I guess we would be upset if any of us did answer that way, but good news is that maybe we can all answer NEVER by next year!!!
    TRY to live each day like it were your last

It really depends on what is going on for me. If nobody around me is sick and doesn't talk about it, I can go a long time. But when somebody in my family v*s then I think about it constantly until I finally get over it. If I see it on TV, it bothers me at the moment then passes. So it's hard to answer that question because it is never constant, thank goodness!! I would go crazy if I thought about it several times a day every day. I was doing that for a while after my son and husband got an sv, and it was too much for me to handle. I couldn't even meet my other responsibilities or enjoy anything. That's starting to lessen now.

i think about it constantly

It pretty constant for me more so b/c I have a child now too. When he goes to scholl I always worry he's going to pick something up . I worry for at least 3-4 days after his last day of school. I still think about it constanly even if s/v aren't going around.
    Whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus.- Colossians 3:17