Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default The winter truly does play havoc with my anxiety!

Sorry for the constant posts, I seem to lean heavily on this forum when the winter season comes around.

I've been keeping myself indoors lately, which means any sort of shopping or days out have been a nightmare for me. Yesterday I did quite well and went all the way to Bristol to do some shopping in some of the busiest stores! I didn't panic once, AND I ate some of the sausage that my partner bought in the German markets without worrying too!!

But today I'm struggling because of the good day I had yesterday! I'm paranoid that I caught something in the busy stores (loads of kids coughing and sneezing everywhere). We also passed a little bit of V* on the floor (could well have been dropped food, but it was next to a lamppost so I assumed the worst). I'm worried that all these feelings I'm getting today are to do with me catching something yesterday my stomach is just churning away and at points my anxiety will spike and make me believe I'm definitely coming down with something. It's been well over 24 hours, but I worry that it could still be the 48 period that gets me,

I've got so many painting commissions to do but instead I'm sat here trying to will myself to feel better. Gah. Winter just stresses me out SO much

Hope everyone is having a better weekend!!

Default Re: The winter truly does play havoc with my anxiety!

Hey Cathy!

Oh don't worry, I'm also in that place of hating the public and staying well away from kids....

I stepped in something very v* ish yesterday and spent an entire carol service at church worrying! When I explained my fears to my bro he just couldn't comprehend how I was thinking about such things so that made me worse haha. He gave me a mince pie and told me to stop thinking immediately and in all fairness it pretty much worked.

I highly doubt you will catch something as people don't generally touch their own v* or their kids and if they do they'd wash their hands and let's be honest, most sick people(adults especially) would be on the couch recovering.... The kids are what makes me worry...I see how many peoples kids on here go down with stuff so frequently and I think, it just takes a non hand wash and I'm screwed....

My bro also reminded me 'its hit and miss. We all have a cold/flu and you don't and you might not even catch it'.... This is true enough.... But meh...still thinking about that pool of v*! I have a theory that pavement v* is mostly drunkards haha cos not many people would just do it....

Default Re: The winter truly does play havoc with my anxiety!

Ah thank you! It's been so crazy, but I've been quite lucky. My town doesn't seem to be coming down with the SV this year. Or, at least it's not as prominent as it was last year!