Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default TMI! Green poop?!? What the hell?

Hey AGAIN.

Have been fine all day. Nothing particularly bad. Not eaten much but that's because I've only just started feeling hungry.

Went to the bathroom and had a very soft GREEN bowel movement?! I had a quick Google and the things they said would cause it (kale, spinach etc) I haven't eaten! Why am I getting it?

I don't feel sick, I just feel hungry! But would like to make sure green isn't a sign or something awful to come!!

Default Re: TMI! Green poop?!? What the hell?

Okay now I'm freaking out. I feel like I might need to go again but I don't feel sick or have stomach pains. I've not eaten anything today except a few Pringles in the afternoon. I was hungry but that sort of went and I haven't eaten still because I'm about to go to my dads (I prefer being hungry than eating and then trying to move around whilst digesting!)

Can you have bowel movements as a sign that you're going to get ill? Without any other warnings? I literally don't know anything about SV's, so my logic goes out the window with this sort of stuff!!! I've not been around anyone that I KNOW had a SV, but I could've easily passed a child who was still carrying the illness? Gah, I don't know. I never have unusual bm's unless it's something obvious like too much rich food. To have green bm's is sending my mind on overdrive!

Try to focus on how you FEEL - which is not sick, but hungry. It's easy to let our brains spin out of control over changes in BM when we have this phobia but focus on how you feel when you feel good. Continue to monitor it just to be aware but don't let yourself fixate on it. Make yourself eat and then do something distracting. Don't be alarmed if you start feeling unwell because you sound like you're working yourself into an anxious state which ALWAYS makes us have false symptoms of being sick. Just be aware of that, remind yourself of it, and be prepared for it so you can talk yourself out of it.

Also, passing by a child (or anyone) who is sick or has recently been sick WILL ABSOLUTELY NOT cause you to catch the virus! Don't let your brain think otherwise.

Hi, I actually just made a poste about this the other day. My 3 year old daughter was having bright green bm's. I, like you googled it and it just freaked me out even more. There are a number of things that could turn stool green including blue or green sport drinks like powerade or Gatorade, purple freezies or popsicles and what I found out did it for my daughter is that she drank some purple grape juice. Nothing came of it and she is/has been completely fine since it happened. Don't worry about it, like you said you feel fine and are hungry. all great signs that its not a virus. Hope this helps

Have you eaten anything with food coloring in the last couple of days? That will for sure turn things green.

Anything with green food coloring can cause it. Also food going thru ur intestines too fast can cause it bc it doesn't have time to fully digest correctly... You won't be sick. I get green poop sometimes, I never got sick because of it.
    Even if we're breaking down, we can find a way to break through
    Even if we can't find heaven, I'll walk through Hell with you
    Love, you're not alone, 'cause I'm gonna stand by you
    --- Rachel Platten "Stand By You" ♥

My don once had turquoise poop! Sometimes it's bike or food coloring related. It may be something you are 24-48 hrs ago. I wouldn't worry if you don't FEEL sick.

Thank you guys! I think whatever I did feel was from the anxiety I'd triggered from worrying! I ate later that evening and was okay.

Bodies are weird!! Haha :-P

Glad you're feeling ok. I couldn't help but chuckle at your post.. Maybe some green Christmas cookies were to blame? Or Oreos, they change the color of things too..

Hi, yes, the only colors you have to worry about are red, black, or white...haha. Green is harmless and is mostly due to various digestive or food stuff. And especially if you feel fine, don't worry. Happens to us all!

I'm from the UK so I don't get many foods which are dyed green!! I also steer clear of that sort of stuff anyway, all sorts of weird chemicals in food colouring ha!

I think it might've just been something that went though me too fast, thus skipping the colour change thats supposed to happen.

At least I know now for that future, green poop is OK! Hahaha x

I had that happen in May of 2014 a day or so after eating bright blue cookies from the store. I was in a panic until I remembered the blue cookies. A couple other family members had the same thing happen after trying the cookies.

Susan