Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

So I think I have a yeast infection and I'm getting really REALLY frustrated. I had one in November, went to the doctors got meds, 'it went away' was still sore and itchy, I went back and she said it was likely just irritation from sex.

So I trust her, continue on my way. Then yesturday and today I'm sore, itchy, and all that AGAIN. It feels like a yeast infection, looks like a yeast infection. I dunno if it has anything to do with sex, but this is getting annoying...this is my 4th visit to the doctor in less than 2 months.

I'm scared it's something bad...I'm afraid I'll be sore after everytime I have sex, or worse, get a yeast infection after everytime. To clarify, I usually am a little sore afterwards, but I think it's yeast this time (AGain) Can you sense my frustration?

I'm going to the doctor tommorow...this is getting ridiculous, has anyone had a yeast infection? What did you do? Anyone really suseptable?

UGH. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img][img]smileys/smilies_07.gif[/img][img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]
    .I just want to feel safe in my own skin. I just want to be happy again. I just want to feel deep in my own world. But I’m so lonely I don’t even want to be with myself. <3

Yeast infections can come from sex... especially if you don't go to the bathroom after. This will also prevent UTIs. Being a girl sucks. Eat yougurt... There is good bacteria in there that will kill the yeast... try to stay away from carbs... Your doc will know what to do... Maybe DIFLUCAN... It's one pill you use to treat YIs. Good luck! I get them on the outside (on the skin where women get episiotomies) &lt;--Gross!
    instant messenger-aggiecrafts

Everything happens for a reason

Yah, I've taken Diflucan twice. I wasn't comfortable inserting the tablets (monistat).

I always make sure to pee before and after sex.

Ugh. I'm really worried and nervous.
    .I just want to feel safe in my own skin. I just want to be happy again. I just want to feel deep in my own world. But I’m so lonely I don’t even want to be with myself. <3

If you keep getting them after you've been treated, maybe your partner needs to be treated too. Otherwise he's giving it right back to you when you have sex again. When I was pregnant I kept getting the infections repeatedly and it was because right after the treatment when I would have sex again, my bf would infect me allover again. Yep, that's possible for a man to get a yeast infection. Embarassing to tell him though.
    Proud to be a FIREFIGHTER\'S GIRLFRIEND!!

I'm not really emberassed to tell him about it. I doubt it's that though, I've talked to my doctor about it. And we use condoms everytime.

Take Acidopholus. You can get it at the health food store. It's in the probiotics.
    \"This too shall pass\"

some people are more suseptable (sp?) than others. a fw years ago, I had a string of yeast infections that went on for about 10 months. I have no idea what finally worked for me. I do remember that the last time I treated it, I used a 7 day (monistat) one, instead of the 3 day one. My doctor told me that being on the pill could be a possible reason they kept coming back ( altthough I'm still on the pill now).

you should boil your underwear ( haha) or completely throw them out and just buy new sets.

and I'm pretty sure that sex doesnt have much to do with yeast infections. Although you can pass it back and forth to each other, it doesnt cause one. I think your confusing it with a bladder infection which can happen if bacteria make its way up the urethra during sex, and you don't pee afterwards.

The acidic balance of the vagina can be changed by your period, pregnancy, diabetes, some antibiotics, birth control pills and steroids. Moisture and irritation of the vagina also seem to encourage yeast to grow.

they are frustrating.. hopefully you'll find the cause and your doctor can help you find a treatment that works.
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

Hey,

Do you think it is possible that you are having a reaction to the latex in the condoms? Or maybe the spermicide that may be on the condom? I would sometimes get irritated from spermicide, causing a discarge. Just a thought..

--Kim

Quote Originally Posted by tink

Hey,

Do you think it is possible that you are having a reaction to the latex in the condoms? Or maybe the spermicide that may be on the condom? I would sometimes get irritated from spermicide, causing a discarge. Just a thought..

--Kim

SPermicide burns man... youch... Kim could be on to something, here. I used to use the condoms w/ sperm killer.. and I tried the sponge... and both left me w/ discharge, and a sore/burning sensation... and I know it wasn't VD.. [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]

So the thing they both had in common was the spermicide...

try not using spermicide.. or maybe you are just allergic to the latex... but you would the figure it would happen when a doc came at you w/ his little white glovesEdited by: tayda
    Friendship is like pee in your pants.... everyone can see it.... but only YOU can feel it\'s true warmth...

That's what I thought maybe. An allergy to latex was the culprit. But my doctor told me that wasn't it.

So I'm just worried. UGh, I have to go to the docs soon. Today!

As for feeling sore after sex- my boyfriend is extremely large, and lube is a MUST. Seriously- a good water-based lube with no colouring or added fragrance makes a huge difference.

Also- about underwear- you should never ever put them in the drier. My ex roomie had a yeast infection-type irritation for months, and her doc told her not to use any detergent/fabric softener with added perfumes, and to let her undies air dry. apparently if you let them completely air dry for 2 days, bacteria cannot survive (whereas if they are in the drier- they sometimes don't come out completely dry, and it causes a warm, moist environment- perfect for bacteria to grow).

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Amber,

Oh my lord, that is scary!! Guess my bf is going to see my undies hanging around the house from now on!!

--Kim

Ugh. So it's a yeast infection and I got my treatment (boy what a treat that was! [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]) and now I have to tell my boyfriend and he has to get treated just in case.

How do I tell him?? I'm so emberassed. I told him I needed to talk to him about something...but not over the phone. UGH.

So I told him, he was okay with it. I can't help it these things happen. So I had one treatment with a cream called 'gynozole'. Anyone heard of it? And he has cream to use too....well I used it 2 days ago and it's still kinda itchy.

This is the most frustrating thing ever. What if I have re-curruing yeast infections? UGH. I have a week and if it's not gone, I have to go back. Most frustrating thing ever.

I had recurring yeast infections for about 10 months too.
    Literally, every two weeks. It was the MOST irritating
    thing. The ONLY thing that worked for me wee the seven-day
    courses of pessaries (unfortunately).

Hope it clears up for you soon. Things that I found helped:

Lots of water

Multivitamins and a probiotic complex

Less starchy carby foods, and more fruit and vegetables

Only cotton underwear and no thongs (I can't wear thongs anymore at all!)

Not wearing anything down below at night times

Diflucan NEVER worked for me, it just gave me a dodgy tummy. [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]

<!--
    var SymReal&#079;nLoad;
    var SymReal;

Sym()
    {
    window.open = SymWinOpen;
    if(SymReal != null)
    SymReal();
    }

Sym&#079;nLoad()
    {
    if(SymReal&#079;nLoad != null)
    SymReal&#079;nLoad();
    window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
    SymReal = window.;
    window. = Sym;
    }

SymReal&#079;nLoad = window.&#111;nload;
    window.&#111;nload = Sym&#079;nLoad;

//-->

Well...I think I got rid of it...I waited over a week to have sex as well. Only thing is when I did sleep with my boyfriend, it hurt! [img]smileys/smilies_03.gif[/img]

Now I'm all worried all over again that I'll get another one, and what the pain was about...I'm hoping it was just 'cause it had been so long since we'd last done it.

Ugh. [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]