Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Hello I’m new

Hi everyone,

You have no idea how happy I was to find this forum. Foras long as I can rememberI've suffered with this phobia and never realized there were others that had it too or that there was even an official name for it. I didn't even know there was treatment for it.

I've always been afraid of getting sick in the stomach but never had any other symptoms until the past few months.During the past year, I've been under a lot of stressand I think it finally caught up with me and brought outof other symptoms ofemetophobia.

When I go out I started bringing ginger capsules and tums with me because I'm so afraid I'll get sick either in a restaurant or a store or anywhere else I go. I also stockpiled peppermint tea and ginger tea for my home. In addition, I've been doing a lot of research onherbal and alternative treatments for anxiety andherbal remedies to increase immunity and prevent illness.

I read through some ofthe symptoms on this forum and some I can relate to suchas being afraid of anesthesia and others I don't have(motion sickness).

Anyway, Ihaven't really read that many threads yet so I'm going to do that now.

BTW, I never realized there were so many people who felt the same way as I do.

If only there were more sane people in the world, then there would be more emetophobes. Welcome to the society!

I can't get through one single post tonight without a typo.

Edited by: liriodendron

Hi, welcome to the group! I remember the time when I found out I wasn't the only one who had all these bizarre fears of what is considered a normal bodily function - I was elated! And this site is great!

When I go out I always carry some tums with me! I think we all have little things we feel we need to carry with us when venturing out - pills, anti-bacterial handwipes, ginger sweets....

Tracey
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

I carry Benadryl with me since it really does stop that N* feeling.

WELCOME to the site and I know exactly how you feel about finding out that any single one person knows how you feel, let alone, the 1000's of people on here that all have the same fear. Strange isn't it?????
    TRY to live each day like it were your last

I'm new as well!!! Welcome!!! I do the ginger candy and ginger and peppermint teas as well.

2 things I just can't leave home without - Purell hand sanitizer, and ALTOIDS!!! I am an Altoid Junkie!!! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]My friends are always making fun of me about it. If only they knew *sigh*

Everyone stay away from the Jersey Shore area! Apparently, some co-workers and some family members have sv's. They tell menonchalantly "it's going around."[img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]
    Take small account of might, wealth and fame, for they soon pass and are forgotten. Instead, nurture love within you and and strive to be a friend to all. Truly, compassion is a balm for many wounds.

yaay, welcome to the site.. it's very useful and supportive... full of great people w/ awesome advice
    Friendship is like pee in your pants.... everyone can see it.... but only YOU can feel it\'s true warmth...

CENTIPEDE:

I LOVE your avatar!!
    ~*~Charlene~*~

welcome~!!!!!!!
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching.

Hi Centipede! I'm new here too, but not to Emet and I'm excited to have found this board for support since most people find my phobia weird. Anyway, welcome! I too carry pills, I always have Pepto Bismol with me . . . and any of your herbal remedies for n* would be great to hear. By the way, I swear I read somewhere on the site that you are from Eastern PA and you are in the travel industry - is that you or am I confusing you with someone else? If so, I'm also in the travel industry and live in Eastern PA.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Quote Originally Posted by 1987porsche944

I'm new as well!!! Welcome!!! I do the ginger candy and ginger and peppermint teas as well.

2 things I just can't leave home without - Purell hand sanitizer, and ALTOIDS!!! I am an Altoid Junkie!!! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]My friends are always making fun of me about it. If only they knew *sigh*

Everyone stay away from the Jersey Shore area! Apparently, some co-workers and some family members have sv's. They tell menonchalantly "it's going around."[img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]

As a fellow altoid junkie, i feel it is my duty to notify you that they now make GINGER altoids- it's the best of both worlds I tell you!!!

And centipede- Velcome!

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Finding out that I am not the only one was a great relief, knowing that I can pour my feelings out and not be ridculed was a relief.
    Welcome