Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Chances of getting Norovirus

My grandma got Norovirus on December 23rd. On December 25th I visited her house and ate a meal cooked by my grandpa, but she did hang around the food some. All I ate was chips from a bag because I was too afraid to eat the fruit or other chopped up food. It's been 24 hours. What are my chances of getting sick? I'm really scared

Default Re: Chances of getting Norovirus

When was she done being sick?

The 24th as far as I know

eek! That's too soon! You did the right thing by not eating any of the food...

No need to jump to conclusions. Their hygiene is obviously going to play a role but there is no reason to assume you'll be sick. You could have been in the bathroom with her while she was vomiting and still not get sick. Best thing to do is remind yourself that whatever is going to happen will happen. You have no control over it at this point. If you do get sick, you're totally going to make it through! Look at your grandmother, she's probably feeling much better now within a matter of days. Did your grandfather even catch it? He lives with her, surely his chances would have been a bit higher to catch it. If it happens, it happens! You'll get through it! You've totally got this and are so capable! I believe in you, try to believe in yourself!

Did your Grandfather catch it, if not then I wouldn't panic. She could've been sick for a number of reasons other than a sv* I'm sure you'll be fine, you didn't eat the food they made and I'm sure you were careful with washing your hands and all.

Quote Originally Posted by baoailin View Post
    My grandma got Norovirus on December 23rd. On December 25th I visited her house and ate a meal cooked by my grandpa, but she did hang around the food some. All I ate was chips from a bag because I was too afraid to eat the fruit or other chopped up food. It's been 24 hours. What are my chances of getting sick? I'm really scared

Norovirus is only contagious when there's vomit or diarrhea. So I'd say that you're safe.