My almost 5 year old brought home a nasty virus right after school ended for the holidays. For her, it was a sore throat, headache and fever. Lasted about 2 days, the sore throat lingered for a couple more days, and she was fine. Of course, my other two girls caught it as well (7 and 2). My 7 year old is notorious for v*'ing from fevers...which SUCKS, but she handles it like a pro star. Doesn't get upset at all, and is completely independent. My 5 year old was saying her stomach hurt when she was sick with that virus, but she never got sick....she isn't prone to v*'ing at all. Anyway....my 7 year old woke up at 6:30 the second day of being sick and called me saying she was going to v*. She ran to the bathroom and made it in time. Both my husband and I stood with her. Later that day, at 2pm-ish, I gave her some Advil. She HATES Advil, and since she was already queasy.....the taste of the Advil made her v*....quite a lot, into the bucket she had with her. I stood behind her, petting my dog, totally relaxed as she got sick. I rinsed out the bucket and carried on. Then, my 2 year old v*'d. She got REALLY upset before and I did't know what was wrong with her, she just wouldn't stop crying but wasn't complaining of anything.....and then she v*'d. She, too had a bucket beside her. Poor baby was SO SCARED. She only v*'d a little bit, but she was shaking because she was scared. I got through that too. My husband was out shopping with our middle daughter, so I dealt with all of this on my own 100%. I had two sick girls, two buckets...and I did it! I think knowing that it wasn't the sv* really helped me get through it. I caught a VERY minor version of what they had a few days later.....a sore throat and a bit achy for one day, and that was it.

So, I guess my real fear is catching noro from them. When they are sick from other causes, I am apparently just fine. The fact that my 7 year old just deals with it and isn't scared definitely helps me too.