Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

Default need to know asap

Quick run down...

Niece and nephew here for Christmas. One v*ed on friday, one Monday before they left. (Both were normal right after, even eating and not v*ing again)

Monday my mom got horrible d* that lasted till 5am Tuesday. She still has it intermittently, but she feels better.

Felt off yesterday in my tummy, woke up with d* like my mom this morning

Took a zofran 20 mins ago, then had 3 sips of water and 2 crackers.

How long till I know that I won't v* it, and it's safe to take a little more? It's been 10 mins since I took the crackers

Default Re: need to know asap

If anything you'll probably have a similar experience to what your mom had. SO if she didn't vomit, I wouldn't think you would. Obviously nobody can tell you 100% that you won't but I'd guess that would be the situation. Or, it may be a one time thing with the diarrhea you had this morning. Even anxiety induced.

If you're hungry, I would eat more crackers. If you're not really hungry or trying to be safe I'd say 30 minutes to an hour than try a few more crackers. Whenever I've had bugs that cause vomiting, I've known pretty immediately after eating that my stomach wasn't going to handle it that well. Especially in the beginning of the illness. If it's more just diarrhea I usually like to nibble on crackers or pretzels...something dry throughout the day that way I'm not bombarding my GI system with too much food at once and I can keep a more steady eye on what's happening without being hungry all day. And, of course, sip water throughout the day to keep hydrated.

Try not to take any more zofran if you can avoid it. You don't even know if you're dealing with something that would even lead to vomiting and there are side effects to all medication so better not to take them if you don't have to!

Hopefully you start to feel better soon! Keep us updated

Thanks. I had diarrhea all day, occasionally I felt queasy if I was up and about... But it passed when I'd get back into bed. A few times I had a horrible pain in my stomach, bit my mom said she had that too. My diarrhea wasn't add bad as my mom's, so maybe I had a more minor version.

I ate crackers and am drinking water, and it's staying down minus the occasional run to the potty...

My niece never had diarrhea and threw up friday... My nephew had mushy poop a few days before he threw up on Monday. We didn't share bathrooms, but he crawled all over me for days.

He left early Monday... And it's almost Thursday now...

Think I'm in the clear when it comes to throwing up??

I think so. Adults are way less likely to throw up compared to kids and even the children barely threw up (once each is nothing) so I can't imagine you'd throw up at all, especially at this point in time.

So far so good. My mom and I keep relapsing, getting better, then BOOM - diarrhea. But minus minor nausea, no throwing up, thank God