Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Exclamation Ahhhh-Help...Again!

So I had a great New Years Eve, I spent time with both of my families and a bunch of friends and things were good. This morning, I woke up fine and have been feeling fine as well. I went to get ready, took a shower, blow-dried my hair and while I was in the middle of styling my hair, I burped a little bit and it tasted like v***. This has got my anxiety up crazy because that NEVER happens to me and now I'm scared I'm going to be sick. Last night, I did drink after a little girl (about 1 1/2 years old) who was coughing and ended up throwing up down the front of her...and now I'm scared I'm going to get it. I'm terrified I'm going to do IT and I can't stop freaking out.

Default Re: Ahhhh-Help...Again!

sounds like acid. did you drink from the girls cup? or you drank alcohol? NYE usually involves lots of food, drinks, etc, so it is totally normal to have acid reflux. my entire twitter feed is people feeling awful and hungover. I keep tweeting "water and tylenol and tums" to everyone. lol.

I've had that before, not nice! But I didn't v after!

If you weren't feeling nauseous, it sounds like you had reflux. That's when the sphincter muscle between your esophogus and stomach opens & lets a little stomach contents come up & then it goes back down. It can taste terrible, but it doesn't mean you're sick. Sometimes coughing intensely can make someone gag & that may have been what happened with the little girl. You're going to be okay.