Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Is dizziness/disorientation a symptom of SV?

Full panic post. It's 10:30pm, evening after New Year's Eve party.

2 people were ill last night, one young girl who was V* all night after too much alcohol. The other guy was my age and said he'd been under the weather all week. Not sure if that's cold, flu or a SV. I was near him all night (he's part of the friend group) but obviously didn't kiss/hug/touch him.

I'm now suffering from a sudden bout of dizziness/disorientation. I was sat watching my partner play on his PlayStation, so I was looking up at a fast moving screen. My eyes suddenly felt really dizzy and I felt completely off balance. I then panicked thinking I had finally gotten to the point I'd been worrying about all day - catching something that would make me V*.

I ate my dinner without a problem and have drunk enough (a few cups of tea and sipping on a bottle of squash all day). I have a slight headache along with this weird dizziness. My period is in 4 days, and I've heard dizziness can be a PMS symptom? Although I've never had it. I usually suffer with a high spike of anxiety a week before I'm due. The headache is probably a PMS symptom as I always get it at some point.

Just wanted to know if dizziness is a symptom of SV or if I'll be okay? Trying not to panic too much as I don't think anyone was actually contagious last night. But at the same time I'm 100% on whether the guy was ill from a cold or a stomach virus, so... GAH!

Default Re: Is dizziness/disorientation a symptom of SV?

are you still dizzy? honestly, if I look up too fast from my phone to the laptop or tv, I get dizzy. It could honestly be nothing. I wouldn't overthink it unless it becomes a chronic thing (ie, last hours and doesn't let up)

Yes, dizziness is a symptom of stomach virus and food poisoning.

It is theorized that dizziness in those cases result from the vestibular canals in the ear being overstimulated. This is also what causes vomiting from motion sickness. There is a longer answer but I will skip it for now.

I doubt if you had SV/FP that dizziness would be your only symptom. Try resting for a while and see if the dizziness ebbs. Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

While it could be a symptom, it's usually one of many others. Plus so many things can cause that including motion sensitivity, tense neck muscles, allergies, dehydration, anxiety, etc. If you've been thinking you might catch something already you've likely been in some degree of an anxious state which could have provoked it, combined with looking at the video game screen. One of my first and worst panic attacks happened when I was in the car looking down at my phone then looked up just as the driver was making a turn. I stand dizziness and what I thought was nausea. I've never had any other instances of motion sickness so I think it was just one of those things were I had a sensitivity to the motion for whatever reason. I'd bet money you're fine!

Could you be dehydrated?? that can cause you to be dizzy. Also low blood sugar.
    Even if we're breaking down, we can find a way to break through
    Even if we can't find heaven, I'll walk through Hell with you
    Love, you're not alone, 'cause I'm gonna stand by you
    --- Rachel Platten "Stand By You" ♥

Hey! So it's 3pm the following day. The dizziness didn't let up at all. It started about 10pm and I finally got to bed at midnight. I had a splitting headache along with the dizziness, but my partner suffers with migraines all the time so he knew what would help. Got the bedroom dark and cool and I finally dozed off. Woke up again with a slight headache but took two ibuprofen straight away for it.

I think I'm just having a particularly bad spike of PMS! Never experienced that sort of disorientation though..