Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default catching it again?

Okay... So my niece and nephew v* once while here and were over their bug pretty much right after. My nice on Friday (Christmas day), my nephew that Monday they left. They only did it once and seemed fine the next day. They even ate the same day and held it down.

The Monday they left, my mom came down with terrible d*, and bad n*, chills, and a low grade fever. I came down with the same the next day (Tuesday), though I was worse Wednesday.

It's been 6 days for my mom, and 5 for me. We're pretty much over it... But we get occasional soft poo still. Not d*, but not sold yet.

Could it still be the same bug the kids had even thigh it reacted different in us... And if it mutated or something, does that mean we could still catch the one they had? Cause I have to go downstairs where they t.u. to do laundry eventually. (Wash bed sheets and stuff) their mom cleaned, but I don't think she bleached.

But I'm afraid of catching another bug.

Default Re: catching it again?

My feeling is that you caught what your niece & nephew had. Are they really young? I think little kids tend to bounce back from this pretty quickly. It sounds like you all got sick within 2 & 3 days of each other, so it sounds like it travelled from person to person. It can also take a couple weeks for your poop to get back to normal.

They are 4 and 6. Can it be the same bug even though they had v* and I just had d*?

Yep, it could totally be what they had.. adolescent and adult bodies don't always react the way little systems do. (there are lots of reasons for this; anatomical, immune etc)

Also, while bugs/viruses can mutate they don't tend to do so in any way that would cause your immune system to be unable to recognize it in such a short span of time & between so few carriers.

And sure, you and your mom might have had something different from the children but it sounds like everyone is on the mend now and it's unlikely that anything you do at this point would cause you to get sick (even if it was a different bug you were exposed already & your immune system has probably already handled it). So it's probably safe to do laundry (though I wouldn't blame anyone for putting it off.. laundry is always never-ending!)

Hope this helps
    ~M

We're waiting on laundry. Mostly cause we're lazy. Christmas was stressful enough, and now getting over being ill... Plus I got whammied with my other nephew's cold. So I don't feel like doing nuthing

Viruses take YEARS to mutate, they don't do it in a few hours or day. You had a mild version of what your niece and nephew had and are most likely clear for the rest of the season.