Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: Did you throw up in 2015?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

10 24.39%
  • No

31 75.61%
  • Not sure

0 0%

Default Did you throw up in 2015?

Did we all have a happy old year?
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: Did you throw up in 2015?

Unfortunately yes, my boyfriend and I had fp* back in August. It was absolutely awful.

I'm hoping for a v* free 2016!

"Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future." - JFK

"All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt." - Charles Schulz

Huge bug went through Germany just as I was there for a week with my family for my Grandpa's funeral... which we ended up missing due to being sick
    Call me Koi or Koiz
    I use my phone for this site 65% of the time so if I do not respond on chat, I am not ignoring you!!!

Yes, I had a virus 3 days before Christmas. It really wasn't that bad. The fear of it was worse than actually doing it.

Yes, from drinking too much. It happened on my boyfriend's sister in law's guest bed. It was an incredibly embarrassing experience and I am STILL having nightmares where I wake up in a cold sweat.

I did. Stupid fireball whiskey. Never again lol! Worst hangover ever.

Not even close this year. I spent half of the year in complete fear of getting sick and trying everything I could not to get sick. Then I spent the other half not caring, and hardly being careful at all except for the usual precautions anyone would take.

I'd guess that many of you who did have the misfortune of vomiting this year had been very careful and still got sick, right?

Just goes to show that all of the obsession with cleaning, sanitizing, avoiding, etc has very little impact on whether we get sick or not.

Hope everyone has a vomit free 2016 but more importantly, I hope everyone lives their life the way they want to without trying to avoid getting sick all the time!

Look at all of you who were sick last year and lived to tell the story! If you get sick again this year, it'll be the same!

Nope. Not for me...and I was pregnant 2 times in 2015 (i had my son in Jan 2015 and got pregnant again in Dec 2015) knock on wood.
    "It is the child that sees the primordial secret in nature and it is the child of ourselves we return to. The child with-in us is simple and daring enough to live the secret."

No but I was close a couple times (i had started some birth control meds and it made me gag a couple times)
    Even if we're breaking down, we can find a way to break through
    Even if we can't find heaven, I'll walk through Hell with you
    Love, you're not alone, 'cause I'm gonna stand by you
    --- Rachel Platten "Stand By You" ♥

Thankfully I didn't. Hope to have the same luck this year! 🙏🏼

nope, thankfully
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”

“We are the girls with anxiety disorders, filled appointment books, five-year plans. We take ourselves very, very seriously. We are the peacemakers, the do-gooders, the givers, the savers. We are on time, overly prepared, well read, and witty, intellectually curious, always moving. We pride ourselves on getting as little sleep as possible and thrive on self-deprivation. We drink coffee, a lot of it. We are on birth control, Prozac, and multivitamins. We are relentless, judgmental with ourselves, and forgiving to others. We never want to be as passive-aggressive as our mothers, never want to marry men as uninspired as our fathers. We are the daughters of the feminists who said, “You can be anything,” and we heard, “You have to be everything.”

Nope. In fact, 2015 marks ten years of me not throwing up. I hope it doesn't change soon.

sure didn't I had d* a lot though haha let's hope for a sick free 2016

Nope! Had 2 close calls but I *believe* they were anxiety related.

I did! It was back in May, and it was because of all of the mucus (gross, I know; I'm sorry) that had "drained" into my stomach that day. I was in a full-blown panic attack until it actually happened the first time, then I calmed down as if I never had the phobia! I still have the slight fear, but I must say that that night helped me out a wholeee lot! Here's to a hopefully v*-free 2016 for everybody!