Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default relapse after bug?

I had a bug 6 days ago. (A d* only version), I felt better yesterday, and after 6 days of crackers, plain bread and sprite... I had a mini cheese pizza and ice cream. Felt okay all night. Had a McChicken at McDonalds and immediately felt queasy. 15mins later I had terrible d*. I know it wasn't the McDonalds cause it doesn't work that quick.

I didn't go anywhere really to catch anything. Avoided church, I work from home, I went kmart, but washed my hands with Clorox medical grade sanitizer, and then again with soap and water when I got home. otherwise I have been home since being ill.

Does that mean I relapsed... Or first I'm not fully over it... And if I'm not, is there still a chance I could v* even though it's been 6 days?

Default Re: relapse after bug?

too much heavy dairy, too much fast food on a stomach that had been pretty raw. I am not shocked you had d. you need to ease back into that kind of diet versus throwing yourself back into it. so no, not a relapse. just a bad mix of food on a raw stomach.

Bummer. I'll have to try to get to the store and get something easier then. Just sick of crackers and plain bread lol

It's not unusual to be lactose intolerant for a couple weeks after a stomach bug. Sometimes you temporarily lose the enzyme that breaks milk products down. That is probably what caused it. Go slow. Avoid things like milk products, greasy foods, and beef for a week or so. Once you decide to try milk products again, just eat a little bit of ice cream or a little bit of cheese & see how it goes. Lactose intolerance is affected also by the amount of milk product you take in at one time.