Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Mega-sick and utterly terrified.

Not a great first post, huh?

So since, let's say last Saturday, I've been a total wreck. My stomach is in open rebellion, I'm terrified to get food in me without an anti-emetic and even then. My stomach's been perpetually upset. I went to the ER and all they could find was a high white count. I went to my doctor, he gave me more zofran (hooray! Best medicine ever!) and ordered a stool sample, but now I'm c**********, so whoops. My stomach still hurts and I'm n******* all the time. I don't know how to deal with this. I'm just, scared all the time. I'm crying, I'm freaking out every time I feel something in my stomach, I don't know how to deal with this. I have yet to v**** but I feel like every time I use the bathroom or eat something I risk it. I don't know what to do and I'm really scared.

My mom had a serious stomach infection a week ago to concurrent with whatever I have, if that helps.

I'm scared. I don't know if it's okay to ask for help this way, but...What do I do?

Default Re: Mega-sick and utterly terrified.

You could have what your mom did, or your moms issues could have manifested in your mind and making you feel sick. Anxiety and our brains are such a pain. Truly. They can make us feel sick when we aren't! I hope you find some answers with the tests!

it sounds like a mild bug but if you haven't v yet, I doubt you will. can you eat the BRAT diet (bananas, rice, apple sauce, toast) just to get some bland stuff in you? If you feel up to it, maybe some peanut butter? anything it better than an empty stomach bc if you let it get empty, you will have a build up of acid, which will make you feel WORSE. hugs and welcome.

Agree with the above. I doubt you'll be sick now. Small amounts of bland stuff is definitely better than starving yourself. Even more importantly, you need to bring your anxiety down as it's no doubt contributing to your stomach problems. Distract yourself, stop focusing on your stomach, watch TV, read a book, talk to your friends, try some relaxation techniques. I know it's hard but give it a go. Hope you feel better soon.

Zofran will constipated you, which will make your stomach feel awful. Miralax works well to ease constipation without undesirable side effects. I would guess that, along with needing to get over whatever you had, are making you feel bad.

I second the miralax!! Take it every day until you start going, very gentle and okay to use...hope you feel better.

I'm feeling better. It looks like it was anxiety last night. I'll try the miralax for pooping though. Thank you all for your kind thoughts. <3