Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Suddenly certain

My TOM started yesterday morning, and with it came some terrible soft poo that feels like d* coming out but doesn't look it. Yesterday I had a pretty bad day but didn't panic because I knew exactly what was happening and the ibuprofen did make it go away. This morning I took two ibu before leaving the house (8am) and I was okay for an hour, then the poo started hurting. I made it until 11 when I came home again and let everything out in a few sessions (I'm so sorry, this all sounds so gross), after which I felt better. Now it's just after 3pm and up until now I've had some of a starbucks iced coffee, a blueberry muffin, some cream of wheat, a schnitzel, and I just made myself a thing of instant ramen, but throughout making it I didn't really feel hungry and now I feel sick when I try to eat it, and I wasn't even panicked before. The only time this happens other than when I panic is when I was actually sick, and I have this certainty that it's going to happen. I'm also occasionally feeling the need to go again.

P.S. When I do go and I strain, there is a loud blubbing I hear and feel that comes from where my stomach is, not my intestines or bowels. What is this?
    Call me Koi or Koiz
    I use my phone for this site 65% of the time so if I do not respond on chat, I am not ignoring you!!!

Default Re: Suddenly certain

I am sure you are not going to be sick! Whenever a period comes on, constipation, diarrhea and bowel issues are very common, nausea as well. The thought of having bowel issues is quite scary, especially for us emets. The blubbing you hear in your belly is gas moving around, sounds strange but your stomach makes noises all the time.

Before I started taking the mini pill, my periods were excrutiating! I had bowel movements so painful that felt like I was crapping pineapples. Coupled with the nausea and other bollocks us ladies have to deal with. I am not a qualified doctor, but have you tried the mini pill? They stop your periods so you dont have to deal with that annoying menstruation.

Stay calm, relax, empty your bowels if you need to. Sit back and have a cookie! Panic and anxiety increase during a period, even if you dont notice it. Hope this helps!

My tom sucks!!!! Sounds just like what you're describing! Coffee, as amazing as it is and something i won't ever give up, is a big trigger! So is ibuprofen. I'm betting that you are ok.

The mini pill is birth control, yes? If so there is no way I can try it, my mom refuses to let me get on it ever (I'm 15 now) because she thinks that they caused her sister's infertility (This was 46 years ago! I'm pretty sure that even if that is the cause, it's been fixed by now!) so unfortunately that won't be an option I took a ginger capsule though and now am just feeling very acidy and restless, with some upper stomach pain? And yes, I know coffee is such a trigger for me any day, especially this week... Just can't refuse!
    Call me Koi or Koiz
    I use my phone for this site 65% of the time so if I do not respond on chat, I am not ignoring you!!!

Ho boy, I'm just now finishing up my TOM and I had an interesting night a couple nights back. Woke up with an intense cramp in my lower abdomen (it was bad enough to wake me up). I got up, went to the bathroom, passed a little bit of normal stool, and didn't have any relief. So I kept sitting, probably strained more than I needed to, and ended up having d* with a lot of gas. And I felt like a million bucks when it was over. Nothing new with my diet, just weird period stuff. I stayed up for like an hour to make sure I was done, and nothing else happened so I went to bed. Woke up in the morning feeling great, and it didn't happen again.

So YES I think this is all related to your period, and even if you have d*, it's normal and you'll be just fine My period really messes with my guts, and I'm on BC. It would be even worse without it. I normally don't agree with going behind your parents' backs, but in this case, I think you would really benefit from BC and it may be worth talking to your doctor. Here's a link you might find helpful if you're in the US: http://www.contracept.org/minorsaccess.php

Hope you feel better!