Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Boyfriend sick...paranoid...same old same old

I was just wondering what everyone's period of time for avoiding a significant other is?

On Sunday, my boyfriend said he felt queasy. We went to dinner with a friend anyway, so I thought he was fine. He had spent the last two days eating heavy food and drinking a lot with his friend who was in town So I brushed it off as that. The next morning I left for work and when he woke up, he proceeded to v* every 30 min-1 hour for the next 15 hours. He said he v* over 20 times. We don't live together so obviously I didn't go back over there. The last time he was sick was 1am on Tuesday morning which was 67 hours ago. He said he was completely fine by mid-morning on Tuesday and continued on with his work-needs. On Wednesday he even drove 10 hours and had pizza and wine for dinner. Tonight he asked if I wanted to make salmon together but I declined... So he seems like he has bounced back quickly? Idk.

He is convinced it's something he ate/food poisoning. No one else at dinner got sick, but we all got different things. I think it's a bug like norovirus because he was sorta ill feeling for 13 hours prior to actually being sick..it came on slow. But that also could've been purely coincidental? He said after dinner the food really didn't sit well with him, but then he continued to go out with his friend and drink a lot...so I thought he was fine because who gets drunk when they already feel super ill? But idk, I've never been in close relation with someone who has v*ed that much in that short amount of time. So that worries me that it was a bug. He said his other symptoms were mild d* and severe stabbing abdominal pains.

CDC says norovirus can be contagious up to TWO WEEKS after the person gets better. There's no way I can avoid him for two weeks...

He lives with his sister and as far as I know she hasn't been sick but I haven't been over there and I'm afraid to ask. She could have easily gotten it and they could just not be telling me. It's not like the average person thinks to tell people these things.

My boyfriend runs his own business and is incredibly swamped so now he's asking me to help him with some household chores- cleaning the house and doing his laundry which are things I normally would help with. I said maybe Sunday but I am FREAKING OUT on the inside. I think if I wear gloves and a mask and clean with a bleach solution, I should be fine.... I don't know. I'm just in total meltdown mode right now. I've lost 6 lbs in the last four days from not eating. I can't sleep more than 4 hours in a row...
    Last edited by ellecalifornia; 01-21-2016 at 10:37 PM.

Default Re: Boyfriend sick...paranoid...same old same old

...I'm going to see him tonight. Still super nervous but I'm trying to tell myself it's ok.

I'm so sorry, you must feel very anxious! But I think that you'll be fine as long as you wash your hands and try to stay chill. I really dont have any good tips to tell you but only that everybody has the flu here in Estonia atm and somehow I've managed to avoid it this far, so I am positive that it is possible

I believe my ex bf had noro in may and I slept with him one night before so I think you'll be OK! Plus I stayed with him for two hours when he was v*ing.

Try and relax!