Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

There has been something up with me for about two days but it isn't really any illness I've ever had before.

Yesterday all day long my stomach hurt SO bad, it kinda felt like sour stomach/heartburn, and it would like come and go...it would get REALLY bad for a few minutes than kinda fade away all day. I took a few Zantac, some Mylanta and some pepto and nothing helped for more than an hour or so.

Last night I woke up with the same thing a few times but I toughed it out and didn't take anything. This morning I felt pretty nauseous a couple times but it quickly passed. My stomach feels like it needs to d* but I've only pooed a few times and it wasn't anything siginificant. I'm not very hungry, but trying to eat a little bit, and everytime i do my stomach starts gurgling like crazy, but I don't feel nauseous. I am also VERY tired. I've slept a ton since yesterday and just feel worn out. Does anyone know what this could be? Could it be a mild SV?
    \"Napoleon, you\'re just jealous because I\'ve been talking to babes online all day.\" ~ Kip

anyone anyone? my tummy still hurts
    \"Napoleon, you\'re just jealous because I\'ve been talking to babes online all day.\" ~ Kip

I used to suffer a little bit from IBS - Irritable Bowel Syndrome, and your symptoms sound a bit like that. My stomach would gurgle terribly and I would feel awfully bloated and full, sometimes a bit nauseas too..... Oh, and also sometimes the most horrid stomach cramps, the type that had you literally just curling up.

Peppermint tea and ginger are good for soothing the stomach, and aloe vera juice is good for IBS, but it tastes soooooooooo gross!!!! It really sounds like you may have a bit of IBS - anyone else out there had it - what do you think?

Good news is if it is a mild sv it should be well on the way out by now..... Hope you feel better......

mjewell- I get the same thing about once every year-year and a half. My stomach cramps up, and it hurts so bad I amliterally immobile for a few minutes until it passes (kind of like a charlie horse but in your stomach).

No fever or anything- just felt a little like ass and massive stomach cramping. Tried taking a few things- but there was nothing that gets rid of it once it starts. The good news- it never makes me vomit (although sometimes it hurts so bad I do end up feeling a bit nauseous), and it is usually over in a few days.

My guess is that it is some sort of virus.

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I hate to say it but if it's not IBS... I think Amber is right. It
    doesn't mean you're going to v*. In fact, the symptoms you describe are
    what a lot of people call a "SV" even if they don't have any v*.

Keep us updated.

I think it sounds like a mild SV that your body is handling just fine. It is wearing you out, but you most likely would have v*ed by now if it was going to happen. The fact that you felt nauseous but then it passed and hasn't stuck indicates to me that you have gotten through the worst already. I hope you feel better soon.
    Soluene

If you are going through hell, keep going. -Winston Churchill

Thanks everyone - It does feel a bit like IBS - I know this is gross, but it really feels I have to go d* but there is nothing coming out.

At this point I am seriously not even worried about v* - I just wish the pain would go away. And Amber, yes, I can totally relate to feeling like "ass" lol.

Hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow. Have a good night all!

jewell.......constipation maybe? A gentle laxative may do the trick (but word of caution- only take one if you have nowhere to be in the next few hours....when it starts to work, boy does it work).

Feel better!

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

LOL - yeah, I was thinking about trying a laxative too. I feel a lot better today but still a tiny bit queasy. If I venture out today I might try a laxative. In the meantime I have been eating bananas and whole grain toast!

Bleh, ok, I think I do have some sort of stomach bug. here I am on day 3, feeling good this morning, then by about 2 I started feeling crappy again with a headache and nausea. I am also finally going d* but it isn't providing any relief. YUCK!!

I think I jinxed myself by bragging over and over on this site about how no one in Idaho has SVs and I've neverhad one and blah blah blah...I should just learn to keep my mouth shut.

Just goes to show you you can't avoid germs...I have been purelling, lysoling, bleach wiping and soaping everything I come in contact with, and no one I know is sick. It was probably some disgusting person at Wal-mart I picked it up from. I have a love/hate relationship with that store [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]

Yep, it definitely sounds like some kind of stomach bug. Kinda like the one I think I had last month after my DH and DS had it and they both v*. I never did, but I sure felt the same way you are describing. My stomach felt icky, couldn't eat much, all the gurgling and rolling, etc. I thought it was my imagination since they had just had it. But after I thought about it I realized there were a few times I have felt like that and never v*, but now I know it's because I've spent the last 25 or so years teaching myself not to v* when I feel that way. I'm convinced now that I've had sv's over the years but just could never respond to them. Keep us posted and hope you feel better soon[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]!

That sucks, jewell - especially over christmas! You poor thing. But don't worry about it, it will pass soon enough - just take it easy, eat some plain foods and drink plenty! You'll be fine, I had the exact same thing last year. Sure, made me feel like "ass" (to quote crimgoddess, lol), but I never v*d, and managed to recover after a few days of rest.

We don't have Wal-mart here in Australia, but I can think of a few similar places that are havens for germs!

Do you have a fever and what have you eaten prior to the symptoms
    setting in? did you go to any restaurants or anything like that?