Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Kid has slightly v* right in front of me, need support

So this is the first time I've EVER seen someone v*. He didn't do a "proper" sick, he had eaten too much and was playing fighting on the floor and it just happened. I bolted straight out the front door!

He wasn't feeling too well earlier on because he's got what sounds like the start of a cold. He had eaten though and seemed fine, so I put my guard down a little.

But then this happened and I can't stop seeing it replay in my head the sound, the panic of everyone when it happened. Ugh. I'm worrying that it's something like a bug. I feel so n* now, I'm so jealous of everyone else who's just getting on like nothing happened

Default Re: Kid has slightly v* right in front of me, need support

I am so sorry! First of all, there's NO WAY you contracted anything by being in the room with him even if it was a bug. 100% positive. Your face would have had to have been where it happened. So you can HONESTLY dismiss that thought. I am always RIGHT THERE when my kids are ill and have NEVER caught it that way. Second, the best thing you can do is to allow your brain to freak out. You have to FEEL to HEAL. So let it roll but when you do it, do it with something calming, a tv show you find funny, a calming song, a good book, etc. Remind yourself that this is something kids do all of the time and that it had nothing to do with you, didn't harm you and that you're going to grow through it (all true). Let the thoughts come in, process them (it wasn't a big deal, yes it was gross, he's fine, I'm fine, people get ill and everyone moves on) and then let them go. This feeling won't last forever, I promise.

Thank you! I actually went back in the house once I'd been told he'd only v* that one time and was fine. He even came out and said he was fine thankfully my whole family know I'm not great with it and just helped me get through the very quick panic I had. I'm quite proud that I went back in and stayed around him all night!
    I could've easily walked out and gone home straight away.

Thank you again for that post, I'll remember your words of wisdom when I start to overthink it tomorrow!

I'm so glad you went back in! That's HUGE!!!!!! Trust me, I have two little boys, if they are sick they aren't walking around saying that they are fine. When they are sick YOU KNOW!!!! He wouldn't have been fine the rest of the night, I promise!