Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Battling stress n*...

I felt REAL stress n* for the first time this week. It's gotten better today but last week(when I broke up with my bf) I felt awful after I'd eaten and all week I've been off my favourite foods... I think of my ex and my stomach jumps, its almost not like sickness but at the same time it really is... I was out walking with my parents yesterday and my stomach felt horrendous and I almost felt like I had a bug...weirdly, it switched to hunger and I managed to eat...but when I think of him, the guilt stirs my tummy and I just feel so uncomfortable! Anyone had this and know why it happens?
    'Since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal'

2 Corinthians 4:18💜💜💜💜💜💜💜

Default Re: Battling stress n*...

Emotions can really mess with you... I broke up with my boyfriend a few months ago and the same things happened to me for a few weeks. Recently we started talking again and until I realized that I was really over him I got the same feeling when we talked/texted. Just keep doing things and stay away from things that remind you of him for a little while. It gets better, I promise!

P.S. Another thing that could be causing that is TOM hormones and changes...
    Call me Koi or Koiz
    I use my phone for this site 65% of the time so if I do not respond on chat, I am not ignoring you!!!

Thanks so much for the reply! I hope things are OK for you guys now and I feel reassured that everything will settle even though I know that deep deep down!

I managed to eat two meals today and felt great but when I had a bit too much desert I got all anxious again just thinking of seeing him in class this week :/...I've been on this week too so it could be that like ya said!

I absolutely know the feeling! This is more than just unwarranted anxiety nausea that you're used to... Pretty sure everyone gets that feeling in your stomach that you just described. It's common with all types of loss and I believe just part of the grieving process. Just do your best to try to eat when you can and get the calories in especially since you have struggled with your weight in the past... You don't want to flare that up.

Do you enjoy cooking? Maybe you can use your time to try cooking new recipes, or perfect an old one. That will help serve as a form of distraction and also you'll have a nice meal or snack to enjoy at the end.

Hang in there! This will pass as you move through the grieving process and begin to move on. Just try to encourage that and normalcy as much as you can in the meantime.

Thanks so much Afdpt....you're such an encouraging person!
    You're right, a good word for it is pure LOSS. As if someone died...luckily I ate quite a lot at Christmas so I'm planning on going to the docs to check my weight as he said I need to be checked every few months.
    The cooking idea is good- my mum has been making some excellent healthy foods whilst I've been home recovering.

Thanks so much

A few years back when my (at the time he was just my boyfriend) husband and I were going through a rocky stage, I caught him sending messages to other females and it just made me sicker than a dog!! I literally felt like I was going to be sick...it was the worst feeling ever! I really hope you can calm your nerves with some water and possibly even try to eat your favorite snack food and binge on that a little. Breaks up SUCK and I am so sorry you are going through this, after my very first break up in high school I did not eat for a week and my sister finally got me to drink a Moo-Latte from Dairy Queen haha so now you know my "go to" heart break supplement, even when my husband and I argue..I get my Moo-Latte, Mocha flavored

They look lovely Leah!! And sound so tasty!!! Definitely gonna look into trying them...

I also felt like that when I saw him accidentally click on his ex's Facebook, I felt horrific and the thought of how pretty the girl was made everything worse, eurgh.

Anyway guys, already taking this into action and back onto my cookies and chocolate haha thanks xx